Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question to the techs on the forum. I just got a Predator, and was checking balance rates. What I want to know is: What is the balance rate test protocol? Do you wait until you reach operating temperature? or do you watch for the period from start to operating temperature? Secondly, do you take peak balance rates? or do you wait for them to stabilize in both Drive and Park?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I not a tech...
Must be at operating temp.
Foot on the brake.
Rates will not stablize, but will cycle.
Park -/+ 4 is OK
Drive -/+ 6 is OK

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Balance Rates

Okay,

Now to add to the problem, I measured balance rates after a 70 mile drive in both drive and park last night. Most of the measurements were within plus or minus 2.5, except for 1 injector, which in drive started out at around 8, and settled down to 4, and in park started out at 6 and settled down to 2.

Now this morning, the same injector is running 4 and going to 2 in both drive and park.

This is driving me bonkers. Is the silly thing bad or not:mad: :mad: :mad: ?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
it's not bad yet, but it's on it's way. I had the same symptoms/results that you have. I didn't even know they were going bad until I was at Kennedy's one day playing on his dyno. He plugged in his Tech II and showed me the bad injector, then a few minutes later it leveled out to a good rating. About 3 months later I was in getting them replaced. Just watch for excessive 'white smoke' at full operating temp and then you'll be there.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Stupid question, what predator are you using. I would like to check my rates again. I have had the injectors changed but I am still curious....

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts