Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I am finally starting to get the 1000 pieces of my truck and their hardware organized that all came in boxes when I got, however I seem to be missing the "baffle plate" that goes inside the timing cover seen here on the 6.2/6.5 military manual..... called the dealership and parts lady said I would have to come in and show her what I was talking about since I didnt have and cant find a part number..... was just curious before I waste the drive and time, can I still find this part through GM??? Or???? Thanks, JP
BTW, this site has been absolutely great and a big resource for figuring out my huge puzzle.... and people really willing to help out perfect strangers..... thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
...my truck...
:rolleyes: It would help us help YOU if we knew SOMETHING about the truck. :confused: Fill in your profile & create a detailed signature so you don't have to remember it each time, and we don't have to find where you posted it - it'll appear with each of your posts.

·
Premium Member
12,490 Posts
Originally, it was to reduce the oil splash, when CDR was pulled through the oil fill tube. We like them, probably for the same reason the military does, reduces oil splash and potential leaks at IP to timing cover gasket....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.