Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 3,000 miles my glowplugs had a melt down dinging a piston and did a little scoring. The motor would have been fine but it was a new truck, so i wanted a new motor. I got a new long block from gm, and i to make a long story short i got my truck back today. Now it makes a wine noise under boost. Its sounds almost like a cop siren. :( The gm tec says it is a dinged fin on my turbo. But they said it was alright to drive. I have a feeling it is a vacume or pressure leek on a turbo hose. Also every tubo i have been around that goes out you do not want to drive when you suspect a problem because the usually don't last. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
It's under warranty and it sounds like the normal GM mechanics (no offense to anyone here) I would drive the pi$$ out of it.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
take it to another dealer before you need another engine and more down time

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the quick response but i just figured the problem out. I took the intercooler hoses off and put them back on and sure enough it was a leek in one of the connections.:D Know the fun part i can go tell the dealership they were just about to buy me a turbo for nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts