Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from Cali today 1-80 east just past Auburn - Chevy towing a pull trailer (looked like 1/2 ton) on the side of the road ON FIRE!! Literally, engine compartment completely black and thoroughly charred. Firemen looked like they were just finishing up putting out the flames.

Get way up in the mountains and another Chevy, also towing, was just about to be pulled up on the tow truck. Worst one about that was just as I went by in the passing lane, an F-350 Powerstroke w/Fifth Wheel was driving by him in the next lane over from me.

That started me looking - the only Chevy I saw actually moving under it's own power while towing was pulling one of those 5' U-haul trailers. What a sad day - been trying to drown it out with Bacardi and cokes all evening.

I guess it could have been worse - that f*rd could have been a d*dge.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Nah not a bad day for GM bad day for those stuck ...

There were a few hundred thousand that had no problems ...

Mac

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001

I see hundreds manybe thousands of Chevy/GMC pickup trucks every day rangeing from brand new ones to 70`s models. And very seldom do I see as many as you say you seen in one day

Edited by: hdmax

·
Registered
135 Posts
I see a hell of a lot more Dodges on fire than any other vehicle on the road. I drive 40k per year and most is on I-95 between where I live south to Quantico. Carbeques are a regular occurance and I don't really pay them any attention. Like posted before, there are millions on the road and just by the mere law of averages some will catch on fire, a word of advice. CARRY A FIRE EXTINGUSHER AT ALL TIMES !!! The life you save may be your own.

ROB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts