Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iam looking to put some lights under my rear bumper so when backing up i can see everything.so i want a setup that is the brightest but still not a big light assy.what king of light should i put

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Pics of KC's in my garage.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Any ag lights off tractors etc would work well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
PIAA 1500's are pretty nice. Very bright and a low profile light. Have had them on two trucks now. jk

·
Premium Member
17,954 Posts
I have these on all my GM's. http://www.servicemate.com/catalog/partdetail.aspx?PartNo=250

Take a 6" x 1.5" or wider piece of 1/8" sttap or thicker, drill a 1/2" hole at one end and a 3/8" hole at the other for a bracket. Remove the outer lower bumper nut (18mm head) and bolt the 1/2" hole end to the bumper and then bolt the lamp to the 3/8" hole end. Run the lamp power leads to the trailer plug area and splice to the light green wire (Dark green is rght turn) and bolt the lamp ground to body or bumper.

By mounting to a 6" plate and angling it with the bumper brace, the lamps stay out of harms way. 4 amp apiece and I've never had a problem running both lamps on the stock light green wire and fuse. And for the best lighting, angle each lamp 30degrees outward.

These lamps are the finest I've ever used, for $25 or ten times more. They are definitely industrial, durable and bright.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
I put a pair of cheap $15 a pair 55W driving lights under my back bumper. Works good enough for my needs I don't go more than 20mph in reverse.:D

On a brite sunny day they don't look much different on or off.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I'm looking at These I don't know about that vendor.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Those look good but 10 X the price.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i have a set on both of my trucks. i got the kit from KC Hilites. they are "series 26" lights and come with all of the wiring as well. here is the link to it. http://www.kchilites.com/2x6-Back-Up-Flood-LightsbrSystem-517-P1C26.aspx i have 20% tint on my front windows with 5% over factory on the 3 rear windows of my 04 and dont have trouble seeing with them. big differance between stock and having them on.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
X2 for the 55w fog/driving lights. Definitely aim them out toward the trailer tires. Pics of mine (Pilot's) in my garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts