Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, what i want to do is build a simple adjustable timing camera switcher. i have the factory nav with the pac vci-gm2. it has 2 rca video inputs, video 1 is controlled by 12 volts on the red wire. video 2 is triggered by 12 volts on the blu wire, video 2 has precedence over video 1 even if the red wire is powered. my requirements are, i want to mount the adjustable pot in a blank spot in my 4 pod mount (where the air bag disable is located), i want to be able to switch between normal(nav display), independent(each of the two cameras), and auto( swithing between nav-cam 1-cam-2). i would like to use either fet, or 555 ic chip driving a relay, maybee a 7805 regulator to power 555. if there is a simpler way please chime in. you may think its overkill but this is what i want. i await your input, thanx.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I have the same set up and my controller came with a small toggle switch.

The toggle switch's between normal screen view to what ever you might have plugged into Video 1 input.

The blue wire your supposed to run to your reverse power wire, when you put it into reverse the screen switch's to Video 2 input which should be your reverse camera, regardless of what Video 1 toggle is set at.

Personally I ran the blue wire to my switch for my extra reverse lights so when I turn them on the video switch's to Video 2 input and turns on my back up camera.

So I'm not exactly sure what your trying to do but if you turn the toggle on or power the blue wire you will get any 1 of the 3 possible video inputs, Normal, Video 1, or Video 2.

If you wanted to and what I'll be doing later is tieing the blue wire into my reverse circuit with a diode so that the reverse camera will come on all the time when it's shifted into reverse And I can turn it on manually when not in reverse with the switch I have now.

DD

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for replying. yes i must have the same pac module as you. what i am in the process of putting together is a little more technical than what you want to do. what im making is a "switcher" if you had 2 to however many cameras, they would each come on one camera at a time in one monitor one right after the other. you can set the time duration each camera is displayed also. everything is automatic, no manually flipping switches. i have my breadboard on the table as we speak (and watching the ballgame) trying different circuits. i will keep you posted on progress, and yes i know you could probably buy something to do this but that would just take the fun out of it:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well its done. took me a week, 4 trips to radio shack, about 80 bucks for parts, three prototypes, 4 migraines, but its in the truck and works perfectly. if anybody ever has the need to switch two camera inputs and the nav screen through the pac video interface automatically i can help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok, I'm trying to get my VCI-GM2 installed tomorrow. For now, I simply want to have it switch from normal to video 2 when I put the truck in reverse. Where do I tie the blue wire to to do this? I thought I had found the BCM-C4 plug which is supposed to have a grey wire at A8. However, mine has nothing at A8. Is the BCM-C4 at the base of the steering column on the right side? There are 5 connectors in a row on my '06 LLY the ones on either end are not 24 pin and the left and middle ones do not show the wires my instructions say should be there while the right-most 24 pin connector looks correct, except that it lack the grey wire to A8.

Can anyone help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts