Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to level my '02 and wanted to get Dick Cepek DC-1 wheels, they are 17x9 and 4.5 inch backspacing, and for tires I was thinking of 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's. I know that with the bars cranked 8 inch wheel with 4.5 backspacing usually wont rub. Anyone know how a 9inch wide wheel with the 4.5 backspacing will do with rubbing? If anyone has same or similar tire/wheel size combo I would like to see pictures if you have them. Thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
It will rub. I re-drilled my front bumper location about 3/4" out and shimmed the bottom about 1". I then drilled some holes through the fender liners at the back and tied them back. Also had to cut the driver fender liner at the front to just shy of the washer fluid bottle. I have 17" H2 rims with 285/70R17 BFG A/Ts. I was also thinking that the Goodyear MT/Rs might be my next choice because they have a good load rating and I need a more aggressive tire for the summer. I didn't want any rubbing in any situation.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I have that setup on my truck but mine is lifted 6". Not exactly what you were looking for but pics in garage. Mine do not rub.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have that same setup, just moved my bumper out 3/4" of a inch, and swapped out the keys, rub only the back of the fender when backing up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts