Diesel Place banner
141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 · (Edited)
Update: I put the used FPR off my New Hampshire engine and it's back to running good, really good actually. It does hunt a little when cold but I took it for a ride and romp'd on it seems to idle ok when warmed up.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
:ROFLMAO: I am pretty sure this truck hates me, it's in limp mode and getting a P1093.
From what I see around here possible cause is fuel filter or pressure relief valve.

What a nightmare.

• Wow
Reactions: OkDually

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Changed FPRV and no P1093 but now after going for a test ride I am back to square 1.
Gonna wait until the new fuel pressure regulator shows up and go from there.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Sold one of my other trucks today so x-mas came early. :p
Ordered a PPE lift pump, figured it can't hurt.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
:cool: New Bosch FPR is on and what a difference, all codes cleared themselves, not even a stored code. Throttle is crisp and responsive, idles nice and smooth, balance rates are +/- 1.
Hopefully I can put some trouble free miles on it now.

• Love

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
This piece of dung. 🤬 🤬 :mad::mad:
Went to take it for another ride got to end of road went to accelerate and nothing.
Popped all kinds of codes for low rail pressure. Barely made it back, wouldn't rev past an idle.
I can't win.
PPE lift pump showed up today so I will put it on tomorrow and see what happens.
I don't suspect CP3 at this point because it was running perfect, unless someone tells me different. Also hoping it's not the CP3, dreading having to change that.

• Wow

·
Administrator
19,889 Posts
This piece of dung. 🤬 🤬 :mad::mad:
Went to take it for another ride got to end of road went to accelerate and nothing.
Popped all kinds of codes for low rail pressure. Barely made it back, wouldn't rev past an idle.
I can't win.
PPE lift pump showed up today so I will put it on tomorrow and see what happens.
I don't suspect CP3 at this point because it was running perfect, unless someone tells me different. Also hoping it's not the CP3, dreading having to change that.
Have you done a filter change? might be some leftover crud in the lines getting into the filter??

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Have you done a filter change? might be some leftover crud in the lines getting into the filter??
I will tomorrow when I hook up the new lift pump.
Just ordered another filter to have in stock.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
No change after PPE lift pump install and new fuel filter.
Getting these codes
P0089
P1093
P1094

Hit the pedal it revs up and falls flat on it's face and smoke out the tailpipe.

·
Administrator
19,889 Posts
No change after PPE lift pump install and new fuel filter.
Getting these codes
P0089
P1093
P1094

Hit the pedal it revs up and falls flat on it's face and smoke out the tailpipe.
need to see actual vs desired pressures

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Screw it, just ordered a new CP3 from Kennedy, running out of time on this piece of dung.
Start a new job next week and weather is changing here.

• Sad

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
need to see actual vs desired pressures
Actual and desired are same, starts off high at an idle and then drops pressure from there as rpms go up. I can get to 2k rpms if push pedal slow but after that it starts missing and a bunch of smoke.
Unplugged FPR, no change, this should make it go full pressure, same symptoms with it unplugged.

So weird because right after the FPR it ran perfect then downhill from there. Hot or cold no change right now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Do you have any hair left to pull-out after this nightmare!
You know it is the season for nightmares!

Good Luck, hope the CP3 fixes the issue.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If the pinging is real slight sounding like a gasser ping it may just be an LLY thing. Mine did it and injectors were fine. Drove me nuts trying to figure it out.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Today I checked fuel delivery with the PPE setup, pulled a line off the filter head and it moves some fuel so I am pretty sure the CP3 is getting all it needs.

Somethings work out I guess, don't start the new job until the 25th so that gives me next week
to get CP3 the swapped out. Didn't get any shipping info from Kennedy yet so I hope it shows early next week, I ordered it Wednesday.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Well I might see the pump tomorrow, sucks it is taking this long but I guess I should be happy it isn't sitting on one of those container ships off the Cali coast.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts