Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you guys know about my problem with the auxiliary Battery "+" to the trailer connector. I have a 06 2500HD 4X4 LBZ w/ the 5th wheel wiring provision. So instead of posting about the trailer fuse I searched and read about it. Install it to supply power to the auxiliary power in the trailer connector. So I did. I had no power to the "+" pin in the connector. After pulling apart the fuse block under the hood I tested the connections on stud #1 and found 12 volts power after the fuse. So I climb under the back of the truck. Well where the wiring harness ends at the rear of the truck there is a connection to a harness that "Y"s with a short harness going to the rear bumper trailer plug and another harness runs up front to the cab bed split for the 5th wheel. At that rear "Y" connection I pulled it apart and there was a bent pin. It was the red wire!!! Took two days but found it. ****ty assembly. If anyone else installs the fuse and doesn't get 12 volts to the rear trailer connector I would look their first.
Eric

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Good find, Hopefully it is a one in a million thing. First I've heard of it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for the "Heads Up". I also have the 5th wheel harness kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts