Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do 04 HD's come prewired to provide power to a trailer for things like interior lights, 12v power outlets, and such?

I have the trailer wiring package, but the lights inside the trailer do not work?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have an '04 also. My '02 didn't do it, didn't care to much to find out why. I'm interested this time.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Xsta Z 28 said:
Do 04 HD's come prewired to provide power to a trailer for things like interior lights, 12v power outlets, and such?

I have the trailer wiring package, but the lights inside the trailer do not work?
The trailer pulling option (Z82? Z85?) includes a 7 pin
connector. Besides tail, turn and backup lights is a
ground and B+ pin. Also a brake pin.

Is this what your looking for?

Jim

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nope,

The B+ has nothing....running engine or not.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You need to put a fuse in place in the underhood fuse box. There will be a shunt in place now.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yep, What Max Power said. I found the fuse taped inside the pigtail bundle that came with the truck. If you don't have the pigtail, the fuse is a 40 amp J-Case, about $5.00 from NAPA or equiv.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I will look there again... did not see a spot. I need to take off my glasses

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw the fuse taped to the harness that came with the truck. I thought it was installed into the harness, and yes it is a 40 amp breaker. . . . Well duh - THANKS! I'll check that out tonight.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Found it, there was a asmembly sticker covering the whole row....It's the 1st fuse location looking at it from the side fender.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
is the fuse in the 5'er harness ? or in the trailer brake harness? I have an '02 that has all the wiring but I didnt see a fuse???? thanx, Billy

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
There was a brake controller harness in the glove box on my truck. It was taped together and the fuse was in the middle of that.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zeeb said:
There was a brake controller harness in the glove box on my truck. It was taped together and the fuse was in the middle of that.

Yep - and the very first spot in the underhood fuse panel was a red cover stamped with "B+" Now need to see if it works! Amazing what you learn if you read all the instructions . . .

·
Registered
646 Posts
<UL>
<LI></LI>
<LI></LI>
<LI></LI>
<LI>The red circle is around the location of the blank and where the 40 amp trailer fuse needs to go.
</LI>[/list]Edited by: Kartattack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts