Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering adding an aux tank in the bed and using gravity feed as I have seen many here do. My question is, does anyone have problems with throwing emmision codes? You know like if the gas cap isn't tight on most vehicles? Or do these trucks not have that?

Thanks,
EG

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Not a problem on diesel. Being oil-fired, there's no evaporative canister and fume controls like on the gassers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Gravity Feed

I'd think twice about a in-bed tank that gravity feeds your main OEM tank. I bought an RDS 60 gallon tool box/tank combo, and it had provisions for gravity feed (or drain), a fitting with a pickup (the best way), a return line, and a vent line. It can be seen on the northern tools website.

The problem with a gravity feed system, is that if the line chafes or gets cut, you could potentially driain the whole auxillary tank on the ground.

I used an electric pump that I bought from JC Whitney for $42.00, and hooked it up to a switch and red light on the dash. When my main tank gets down to about 1/2, I turn on the pump and fill the tank back up. A return line to the tank keeps from accidential overfilling. Works great. No emissions codes.

If you need more details, pm me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.