Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. Do I use stud 1? now has a blank fuse. manual says not to use if dual battery. I need to activate the power feed to the rv. Stud 2 has a 30 amp fuse in place but no aux. power to the rv.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Use stud 1 and your truck should have come with a 40a fuse for this (part of the brake harness).

·
Registered
108 Posts
The don't use instructions concerning dual batteries only apply to the gas rigs, very confusing in the instructions. The fuse is taped in to the harness.

Have a great day

·
Registered
137 Posts
Help. Do I use stud 1? now has a blank fuse. manual says not to use if dual battery. I need to activate the power feed to the rv. Stud 2 has a 30 amp fuse in place but no aux. power to the rv.
Yes plug into stud 1 and you will not have any problems, I was concerned with my 06 also. Been running this way for a month (6200 miles) with no problems.

Also there is an additional trailer plud harness located above the fuel tank on the drivers side. This will alow you to put a plug next to your 5th wheel hitch.

Hope this helps:grd:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yes plug into stud 1 and you will not have any problems, I was concerned with my 06 also. Been running this way for a month (6200 miles) with no problems.

Also there is an additional trailer plud harness located above the fuel tank on the drivers side. This will alow you to put a plug next to your 5th wheel hitch.

Hope this helps:grd:
The camper harness is an option for $35. If you have this option it will be listed on the window sticker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts