Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you whom have the VYU option(Snowplowprep) Know this button is wired up for strobe lights etc.

I known the relay for it is under the headliner somewheres, But where.

My other question, is this relay, is it strong enough to use to power a set of rear for lights?

I know someone posted pics and a wiring diagram yada.yada.yada....

But wiring these suckers up would be alot easier cutting my wiring distance in half by bringing it in the cab then all the way under the hood. Im thinking a set of 55 watters would be good for reverse backup lights....and the occasional person that leaves their high beams on.

TIA

Bill

·
Registered
91 Posts
The cable is dead ended up in the head liner above the drivers position very close to the door. I lowered my head liner down and did see it there. I hope this helps.

Engineer Bill

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My relay was in the drivers side rear pillar. Its tough to get at. Have to pull the seat belt off and take a few plastic trim pieces off. Might be easier if its just a regular cab, not sure. I went through 2 relays last winter, so i moved it so i can access it under the rear seat and change it alot easier now. The parts guy said since it gets cold and then the cab heats up and so on and so on, is why the relays get pooched quick. I have blown one more this year, but just wired it direct until the cold weather leaves . If i rememeber right, the wires that led to the relay are black, orange, white, and brown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts