Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are in-bed aux fuel tanks plumbed into the fuel system on the DMax? Thanks!Edited by: '03 DMax

·
Registered
307 Posts
On a Transfer Flow system the supply and return lines connect to a double tee that splices into the vent tube hose coming off your fillneck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I intalled a Holley blue electric pump at 110 GPM and ran it up into the back of the fuel with a toggle switch in there too. When you stop just open the ball valve, take off filler cap and stick the 3/8 hose down the filler and turn on the switch. Takes about 15 minutes to fill and cost was around $60.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mine is a 45 gallon aux. tank toolbox combo. Fuel lines exit on the DS of the tank, go through a hole I drilled in the side of the bed near the cab. This hole leads to the gap between the inner bed and the outside of the truck.

My tank has a sump and sending unit. I cut the fuel lines in front of the fuel tank cooler along the DS frame rail. There, I had to install a fuel switch and plumb the fuel lines such that I had both the OEM and aux tank plumbed into the switch and a single fuel path to the filter.

I also spliced into the electrical harness allowing the dash fuel gauge to read fuel level selected by a switch that I installed under the dash between my legs.

The tank is distributed by ATTB here in the DFW area. Works quite well. Installation instructions were very, very detailed and easy to follow. Cost for everything including some help during installation was right at $1k.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the TFI 45 gallon tank that replaces the OEM 26 gallon tank. In my opinion it's the best option especially with the short bed. Check out www.transferflow.com. I recomend the high volume filler so that you can use the same pumps as the big rigs. I am able to take on 30 plus gallons in less than 2 minutes.

Not a cheap option, but neither is the Dmax.

Good luck with your choice,

JackEdited by: Jack'sDmax

1 - 5 of 5 Posts