Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an aux. digital coolant guage hooked up with the sender in the upper radiator hose. I am wondering if anyone else has this setup and if it acts like mine does. This guage will not register a temp. unless it is above 70degs.. Most of the time 90% the guage will always say low in cold or hor weather. The guage will register above 70 degs. most of the time while I am towing. If I am running for awhile and I stop and when I start it up again the guage will register above 70 and then immediatley go back to reading low. I am wondering if this is because of the tstats. It would seem to me that the upper radiator flow would be more than 70degs. This has acted this way from day one when I installed the guage. Any thoughts. :)

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
yeah it about what the oem gauge should read...70 degrees wouldnt even be the return line form the radiator

·
Registered
430 Posts
Maybe I am slow, but are you saying the gauge reads 70 most of the time?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is the gauge sending probe ground back to the truck? The sending probe would be ground in the engines block Also find what ohm reading there should be for that sending prob. Between two rubber hoses it may need a ground

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is the gauge sending probe ground back to the truck? The sending probe would be ground in the engines block Also find what ohm reading there should be for that sending prob. Between two rubber hoses it may need a ground
Bingo.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bingo.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the probe is grounded to the engine block and the body. Because the digital cyberdine guage is pre-programed from the Mfg. it will not read any temp. below 70degs. it has to be above 70 to display the temp., guage will only flash lo if below 70. Guage seems to work fine when I am towing with a load.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts