Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I finally ordered my egt gauge. The thing didnt come with a probe. Can anyone help me out. I think its part number 3343 for the gauge. It says to use a type k probe or 5244. I just want to make sure I order the right probe. I typed in 5244 into summit racing and it seems as though its going to cost an extra 100 bucks. Whats the type K probe? Basically all Im asking is what probe do I buy for this thing.
Big thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yikes! My Auto Meter Ultra-Lite was $115 and it came with the probe.

The atm-5244 at Summit Racing doesn't look like a K Type probe. If you look at the atm-4344 at summit, you will see the probe in the pic. That is a K type.

I think you can get a K type probe for cheaper that $100.

Dave

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I could be wrong about this. Maybe there are different shapes of type K probes. The concept seems the same, but the shape of the probe is different from what came with my Ultra-lite and from any of the other gauge manufacturers.

Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you called Autometer yet? I had the same problem when I got my EGT gauge from Auto meter. I got the gauge itself but no mounting hardware or wires. I called them to complain about it and the customer service rep was great and they sent out all the parts that were missing for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts