Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to put the boost and pyrometer gauges on the A pillar to watch for how my Dmax runs. From what I've seen I kind of like the look of the Nexus lineup of Autometer gauges. Yes, they are expensive, but hey, they just look sharp to me. The only problem I see in this "sharp" appearance is the fact that the boost only gauges that Autometer offers is up to 60 PSI. Kind of useless in the Dmax, right???? The next alternative that the line offers is the Vac/Boost gauge, with 30 PSI, I think max for boost... wondering... what the heck will be displayed on this type of guage when monitoring the Duramax??? Will I ever see any vacuum??? Thinking not, but very diesel stupid !!!!!!!! I still like the Nexus series of gauges though... What is the max boost one could see with a stock turbo??? How about a EFI Live, Diablo, and/or Edge Attitude, modified truck turbo for max PSI that could be monitored????

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Normally 4-7 Lbs cruising down the highway. 32 Lbs towing HEAVY in the mountains. This is with EFI Live and my current tow tune. Naturally, I can make it boost as much or as little as I please. If you have not checked out EFI...do it now. You will not be sorry.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Get the 60 psi guage. You wont see any vacuum with a diesel, and you can turn the stock turbo up to 31-32psi safely, so you'll want more than a 30psi guage.

ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.