Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Banks (ISSPRO) gauges since shortly after buying my truck. I've been buying my pyro running it hard and wanted to check out a different probe and slightly higher gauge. After doing some research I installed Autometer Sport Comp Boost & EGT Gauges with their Comp. EGT Probe. Got a 50 PSI boost gauge from Jannetty Racing (Thanks Shannon!) as they had them custom made for them by autometer (autometer only offers a 35 & 60 PSI gauge).

Previously running the TTS Extreme i would bury my pyro but it would climb slowly all the way to 1500*. Since switching to the Comp EGT probe i can jump on it at 30 MPH and go from 400-1400* in about 1.5 seconds. I know John has always mentioned running a thinner probe will yield such results but i never thought it would be this drastic! I see to remember the thinner probes not lasting as long, but autometer claims this should last for the life of my truck. It was twice the price of the regular $60 probe though..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nick - I just ordered one last week. I'm interested in the difference also. Hope to have it installed this weekend.

Josh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts