Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty simple. What do ya'll think about this?? Worth the extra 195 dollars?? Do you find yourself just getting and messin around with the temp like you do with a manual adjustment, or do you really just leave it at the temperature and let it do its job??

·
Registered
612 Posts
Set it (with minor adjustments for summer and winter) and forget it ....
.... I wouldn't have ordered it but it came on my truck and I've come to really enjoy it. Would now probably deliberately look for this feature on my next vehicle ... Jim

·
Registered
646 Posts
That option is what made me buy a GMC over an F250. My wife constantly complains she's cold when we're driving for any length of time. This way my side can be 72 and hers 80 and we each are comfortable. I hate to think what all of these electronics will cost to fix one day though.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Been using mine for two years. No brainer.... get it.

I love it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It is great!! The wife was always complaining that it was too cold in the 01 HD when we were traveling. Now she can set her own temp and be happy. You know what they say...if mamma ain't happy, no one is!!!

Other than that I find I only adjust the temp for summer and winter, and it does very well.

Bob

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hoot,
Is SLE the GMC version of LS in Chevy's?? If so, was it hard to find an SLE with the Auto Climate, or did you order yours?? Just kinda curious, because I want the LS.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
bowtiebob,

The SLE is the middle trim level...... I believe there is SL, SLE and SLT (leather)

I found my truck using GMBuyPower.com and keyin in area codes.

Found it in April of 01 300 miles away at Wright GMC in Wexford, Pa. just north of Pittsburg.

Made the deal over the phone and took Amtrak out to pick it up. Salesman picked me up at the station.
Drove it home.

It had the climate control already. I would have ordered it but I could not get a dealer with an allocation. It was luck that this particular truck had it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wifes car (300M) has it, we wanted it on the truck also. Like Hoot says, no brainer. My '02 doesn't have the dual controls, not a problem for the wife or myself. Biggest complaint I get from her while traveling is the seat belt tightening up on her and the floor being hot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dual zone part is wonderful.But Im not so impresed with the automatic part.If you live in one of the warmer climates like here in Fla. it takes forever for the fan speed to drop on a hot day. One way to get it to slow down a little sooner is to point the left vent up to the headliner where the temp sensor is.The part that irritates the crapp out of me is constantly having to push the recirc. button.Since they stopped putting the cabin air filters in the 03s theres nothing to keep out all dust and junk that gets sucked up,and the stupid thing turns off the recirc. when it reaches temp. or you turn off the key.Hope this helps your decision.Sorry for the rant,must be the heat!

john b

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Bob

I have the SLT and I think it was part of the package, anyway the wife loves it, thats what counts Geno

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John,
That is what I was kind of curious about. Around here, we dip down into the single digits in the winter and up into the low triple digits in the dead of summer. I would guess this might make my experience more enjoyable than yours, as my temperatures differences are quite large, where as your's are probably just a few degrees. Anyway, I am still trying to decide. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Best upgrade EVER... At least when your old lady is like mine. I like it at around 70 and she likes it at 80. Worth every dime.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I like it. My wifes Suburban has it and it works pretty good, only thing, every once in a while in the winter we find the A/C is on. Go for the heated seats also.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rtuig,

Going with bench seats, so no butt warmers. Still can't decide whether to get leather or cloth, but definatley a bench. However, I want to get the auto. climate control.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ok Guys, I'm sold......Can I upgrade my 2002 by just bolting it in?? I didn't get that option when I got my truck, it wasn't avail.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I like it!!! I am a little disapointed in the placement of the seat heaters, it is easy to bump it when you use the window buttons. And during the daylight it is hard to see what the setting is. We had the Heated Leather seats on our 99 Tahoe, but then the controls were on the seat!!

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
02AlliMax said:
Ok Guys, I'm sold......Can I upgrade my 2002 by just bolting it in?? I didn't get that option when I got my truck, it wasn't avail.
I don't know what it would entail but I do know there is this little sensor in the ceiling above and to the left of the driver. It's a fan induced sensor that provides temp air data to the climate control. I don't think it's an easy job.

Talk to Jason at JPCustoms. He's in our vendor section. Give him a buzz. He knows a lot about interior mods.

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's a great feature. I first had it in my 2001 Tahoe LT. Works great. I was disappointed when I bought my 2001 Silverado LT that it wasn't an option on the pickup. My 2003 Silverado has it now. I run it with both sides hooked together as my wife doesn't usually complain too much about temperature differences. I dial it down on a hot day to get the truck cooled off, then set it back to where the truck is comfortable and the fan isn't blowing like crazy. I think it works better in the winter. It won't turn the fan on until the truck is ready to throw heat, then it cycles the fan back to the temperature where it is set. It's basically a no fuss system in the winter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts