Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric, on my '04 I have the power extendable mirrors ( YUCK !) . In the owners manual it indicates that in the drivers Information center on the dash their is a program to set the rear view mirrors to turn down to curb view when you put the truck in reverse. Their is also a small dissclaimer saying not all DIC features are found in all trucks. I Have a SLT with every factory option. It sure seems like they would have put this on this model with theese mirrors. I can not find it and I can not see a dog gone thing out of my passenger rear view when I back up. I have to manually turn the mirror down every time I back up and then re-set it. Its more than a little pain in the butt. Can the DIC chip be reflashed to get this feature in it ? Its the one thing in all this electronic dash crud I could actually use.
Dave

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Dave, if you dont like the power extenders, I can swap you into a pair of power retractables. Just pay the labor. I think I have some. As far as curb view, not avail on extending mirrors.

Eric

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric, thanx for the info and the kind offer. I think I will just stick with theese and deal with it. I'm sure I just need to get used to them overall. Dave

·
Registered
242 Posts
Eric,
I have an 03 SLT CC and have power, heated mirrors, but would like the same mirror only with the turn signal in the mirror. How much? my dealer here says it's way too expensive to think about.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I am supprised that your truck doesnt have the signal mirrors, I assumed that the all did! Do you have power folding mirrors?

·
Registered
242 Posts
No, not power folding. Heated and power only. Any help. I'm online here now and starting a different thread also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts