Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the board, must say you guys are very informative. I'm glad I am not the only one who's in love with his truck.

I would like to ask, what is your opinion of auto starters for the duramax, and if recommended which manufacturer. Does the addition of an auto starter void warranty.

Thanxs in advance!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have a compustar remote/ alarm.

Here is some info:

compuSTAR

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
FM or SS?
I've got the same thing...
I'd ask if you have the CS GM-U7 that interfaces PasslockII, the locks and kicks on the heated seats, mirrors and defrosts via the data bus, but live in LA where it doesn't matter...one day my friend...

Oh, the short answer to your warranty question is no, not unless they can prove it caused damage to your vehicle.

Ox

·
Registered
611 Posts
Ox,

SS

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Do you guys use the remote start in bitter cold areas ?? Does the remote start work in conjunction with the glow plug cycle ?? Or just a preset delay ??

Mac

·
Registered
83 Posts
For glow plug cycle you tap into the light meaning the instrument cluster?Can you get the tach signal wire there also?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the compustart systems tap into the glow plug light, and can you purchase this system through independent mobile audio/alarm shops, or can we buy direct from the manufacturer?

Diesel 5... had a look at your pics, serious looking ride, I'm looking to change the wheels and tires for my truck this spring (waiting for the bitter cold/snow to leave). Your ride is making my days more miserable. Can you privide some info on your rim/tire combo?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yea - they're both at the cluster- wiring varies from year to year though and I don't have it in front of me, but it seems to me on mine one was a blue- I think it was glow plugs and for sure it was a ground- and the other for the tach I think was white. maxpower probobly has these for sure.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey diesel 5 how do you like the compustar? I was thinking about geting it

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Tach is white behing the IP and Wait to start is Dk. Blue. Test with a DMM as there are a couple of each colors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts