Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the factory cluster and replaced it with sheetmetal or fiberglass with Auto Meter or any other gauges. I do not believe there is a kit or is there? I want that race look and think it would give it a mean look. I want to replace all of the existing factory gauges with Auto Meter any ideas? I can play with sheet metal but would like to hear suggestions or pictures for anyone that has done this?

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you completely remove the factory cluster, you will get a CEL that will not go away. There is communication coming from the cluster that the BCM wants to see. With that said, I guess it would be possible to do the speedo and tach because they have their own dedicated signal wires, but all the other gauges work off of serial communication messages from the BCM. I don't think there are any aftermarket gauges that could interpret those messages....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh makes sense good thing I asked before I started on it. I'm just tired of this cluster working whenever it wants to I don't trust it and thought about doing a custom cluster with Auto Meter gauges guess I will have to re-think this idea, thanks!

·
Registered
231 Posts
There is another thread on here where the gauge motors can be bought, if your handy with steel then soldering shouldn't be any problem.

Why not machine a custom gauge surround/overlay?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts