Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to disable these on an 06? there's nothing in the manual.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Unfortunately not.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I thought I read in the manual that you can disable them on the 06. IIR there was three different options, lock over 5mph, lock when in gear, and no lock.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Programmable Locking Feature
The following is the list of available programming options:

Mode 1: All doors lock when the transmission is shifted out of Park.

Mode 2: All doors lock when the vehicle speed is greater than 8 mph (13 km/h).

The following instructions tell you how to change the automatic door lock mode. Choose one of the two programming options listed above before entering the program mode. To enter the program mode, do the following:

Begin with the ignition off. Then pull the turn signal/multifunction lever toward you and hold it there while you perform the next step.
Turn the key to RUN then back to LOCK twice. Then, with the key in LOCK, release the turn signal/multifunction lever. Once you do this, the doors will lock and unlock, the horn will chirp once, and a 30-second timer will begin. You are now ready to program the automatic door lock feature.
Press the lock side of the power lock switch once. You will hear one or two chimes. The number of chimes tells you which lock mode is currently selected. Continue to press the door lock switch until the number of chimes that you hear matches the number of the mode that you want. If you take longer than 30 seconds, the locks will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you have left the program mode. If this occurs, you can repeat the procedure beginning with Step 1 to re-enter the programming mode.
You can exit the program mode any time by turning the ignition to RUN (the doors will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you are leaving the program mode). If the lock/unlock switches are not pressed while in the programming mode, the current automatic settings will not be modified.

Programmable Unlocking Feature
The following is the list of available programming options:

Mode 1: Drivers door unlocks when the transmission is shifted into PARK (P).

Mode 2: All doors unlock when the transmission is shifted into PARK (P).

Mode 3: All doors unlock when the key is removed from the ignition.

Mode 4: No automatic door unlock.

The following instructions tell you how to change the automatic door unlock mode. Choose one of the four programming options listed above before entering the program mode. To enter the program mode, do the following:

Begin with the ignition off. Then pull the turn signal/multifunction lever toward you and hold it there while you perform the next step.
Turn the key to RUN and LOCK twice. Then, with the key in LOCK, release the turn signal/multifunction lever. Once you do this, the doors will lock and unlock, the horn will chirp once, and a 30-second timer will begin. You are now ready to program the automatic door unlock feature.
Press the unlock side of the power lock switch once. You will hear one, two, three, or four chimes. The number of chimes tells you which unlock mode is currently selected. Continue to press the door unlock switch until the number of chimes that you hear matches the number of the mode that you want. If you take longer than 30 seconds, the locks will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you have left the program mode. If this occurs, you can repeat the procedure beginning with Step 1 to re-enter the programming mode.
You can exit the program mode any time by turning the ignition to RUN (the doors will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you are leaving the program mode). If the lock/unlock switches are not pressed while in the programming mode, the current automatic settings will not be modified

---here you go

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I though that wouldn't work on an 06. If it does, great!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
That would be great if you could. It is stupid not to be able to set them to "never lock."

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
2005 and up have the "revised" DIC with no option to disable the auto door locks :(

·
Registered
804 Posts
Really? that sucks.. I must have an older ecm flash as still have the dic function of the door locks..

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
you can completely disable them? Like I have control of the door locks...I can set them to lock with speed, or lock out of park. I cant disable them completely.

Does your DIC have INSTANT fuel economy and BUISNESS and PERSONAL trip odometers?

·
Registered
804 Posts
No i misunderstood you, i thought you meant you couldnt control any settings.. Not sure if i can turn them off, probably not from the way you are talking but yea i have instant fuel econo and dunno about trip, i think i have 2 different ones though.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
are you sure you have INSTANT MPG? Or just AVG. MPG?

·
Registered
804 Posts
You're making me think way too hard tonight.. Its average now that i think about it harder, but i can reset it and it becomes my instant mpg.. :)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well that sucks. i thought maybe there was a trick i didnt know about. thanks

·
Registered
722 Posts
i should delete my other post about this but i want to knwo the same thing the ECM must have a wire or 2 going to the doorlock relays or to the RF Recever for the remots. couldent this jsut be cut and taped up? i dont have my truck yet hopefully 2 weeks left! but if i could git input from any one who has a small idea and where to go i would gladly be the guinypig and maby do a wright up and post it up jsut cuz its IMO more anoying than the DTRL and kinda pointless

1 - 15 of 15 Posts