Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all you Power Freaks
I am going to do a Juice/Attitude. Strictly for scientific purposes, of course

For the Attitude monitor, what are the key features to monitor?
I won't be racing. I do tow a fifth wheel trailer. Will probally use level III for driving. Level II for towing. I will be driving "normally"
, because of lack of transmission mods.
Any, and all replies welcome.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Mine is set to EGT, Boost, Corrected speed km/h, and Engine Temp so when it reaches 142 I'm juiced

My biggest reason for not changing up to the newer version of attitude is it will not do km/h

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Max Power. Thanx, for the reply. What about tranmission slippage? ( I have the Allison)

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I had it on TC slippage for a while. Always read 0. Kinda boring.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You sound like one of the lucky ones
Is your transmission still stock? I see your looking to add to it.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Max Power said:
Mine is set to EGT, Boost, Corrected speed km/h, and Engine Temp so when it reaches 142 I'm juiced

Is 142°F the magic number? I had the feeling like it really kicked in around 160° but was wondering what temp the Juice was looking for before it let loose.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Huh?

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Minn-Kota said:
Max Power said:

Is 142°F the magic number? I had the feeling like it really kicked in around 160° but was wondering what temp the Juice was looking for before it let loose.

Yep. But it seems to me that the more it warms up the power it makes. But 142 is definately the first kick on mine. I can leave my house, drive down the highway and set the cruise. I can tell you exactly when it hits 142 without looking at any guage. It gives a little kick when it hits 142. Of course once it gets a bit warmer here it won't be an issue because it will likely be 142+ before I leave town.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Max Owner said:

The Juice module will limit the power output until it sees proper engine temperature. If you fire up your truck and punch it right out of your driveway without the engine warmed up, the power won't be there until the temp that Max Power and I are discussing is achieved. A safety measure implemented into the Juice to keep you from getting an itchy trigger finger, err foot, too early.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx, Minn-Kota. What happens in the winter time? Most times my truck doesn't warm up very much. Even with the winter covers on.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Although I didn't have the Attitude this winter, the truck will warm up to 180-185° eventually (even without the winter front on), so it will just take a little longer.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
My truck will always get up to normal operating temperature in the winter now matter how cold it gets. It just sometimes takes a long time.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, guys. When I'm doing stuff around town, it doesn't warm up very much. I don't remember temps, from the gauge. I remember the usual positions of the needle.
Thanx again, for the replies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts