Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lifted Silverado, I got your pm yesterday & tried to reply, but I could not get it to work. Said your username was incorrect? First time I used the pm feature, so I may be doing it wrong. Anyway, the approximate cab height on my truck is 83" (taking into account the raised ribs on the roof). I laid a yardstick acroos the roof, with a portion of it hanging over the side, and meausured from it down to the ground. Hope this helps, DinoMax

·
Registered
340 Posts
How much did you pay for your digital guages? Who did you get them from? Did it come with the hardware to mount it there or did you custom make that?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks DinoMax that helps a bunch, my garage height is right around the 82'' mark, so I might have to go with a four.

By the way I just ordered my truck yesterday. 04 D/A CC, and I went with the Weatland Yellow, after seeing the way Diesel-N-Dust's yellow DMAX turned out, I was hooked.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Has anyone else notice the caution lable stuck on the crossmember @ the transfer case re after market mods? Something about the shocks dislodging and severing the brake lines? Edited by: ShumDit

·
Registered
958 Posts
FWIW, my truck sits 81" at the roof with my XM bubble antenna, with a ~2.5-3" lift and 34.6" tall rubber(315/70R17). This was measured standing in the box with a tape measure going straight down between the box and the cab through the frame to the ground.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bybycop, the gauge I have is from Quadzilla & is called the Monster Monitor. It gives 3 readings @ the same time, EGT, Boost, and Oil Temp. IIRC, it was $349. I just cut out the factory blank plate in the O/H console. It just snaps in/out. To get a flush fit, I took the top of the metal housing on the gauge(couple of small screws) off, and put 2 allen head screws through the front of the plate & into the front of the gauge. No extra hardware was needed for the mount, but I did need a few extra goodies to "T" into wastegate hose for boost pressure, etc. If you decide to go w/ it, give me a shout and I will let you know what you need. Very happy w/ fit & function of the gauge. Probes are really sensitive & fast reacting, much more so than w/ analog gauges IMHO. Good Luck, DinoMax

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks DinoMax,

I have been needing to get some gauges for a while now but have not been able to decide on which ones. I have the quad Stealth and love it but am afriad to really get into when pulling trailer with out gauges. Well from your pics looks like you inspired me to get it done. That is the best set up I have seen yet.

Where did you run the wires? Do they go along the window? I am not familiar with the overhead stuff? I have the blank opening there, is it easy to get a plate for it?

Thanks again,

Mike

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bybycop, Thanks for the kudos. I ran the wires through the pass. side firewall, up the a-pillar (plastic cover snaps on/off), under the headliner and into the O/H console. I know the blank plate on my '02 Chevy is available from the dealer, but not sure if it is the same on your '03 GMC w/ the opening. DinoMax

1 - 8 of 8 Posts