Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received the Attitude today from Cons....Cant wait to install it...has lots of features and a 125 hP level.....looks like a awesome monitor... Racer

·
Registered
93 Posts
GET TO WORK . we need a full report.

Cheers

Bear

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hurry up man..... I got coins to spend......

·
Registered
267 Posts
Got mine today, only to find out that Edge had sent Con some 4.71 units WITH the green wire attached (ie. "Attitude Ready"), only they WEREN'T! Called Edge, they said the only ones out there which can use the Attitude are the 4.73 units. A new one's on it's way (tomorrow), but the Attitude unit is slick (wish it worked).

·
Registered
611 Posts
I am getting mine tommorow from con I hope its the 4.73 unit.

Joe where are you going to install the Attitude?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mine will be here friday, better be a 4.73 or i will be really bummed...............

·
Registered
369 Posts
Actually those who got there attitudes, can you tell me the tap size needed for the pyro they include, i want to bring home the proper tap drill and NPT taps to do the job this weekend, Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
HAS ANYONE INSTALLED THERE ATTITUDE YET?????????

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got mine today. For gsxr1216, the directions say:

4) It is necessary to tap a small hole into your exhaust manifold to insert the EGT sensor. Drill the hole using a 5/16" drill bit, then tap it with an 1/8" NPT tap. Once the hole is drilled and tapped, insert the EGT sensor by threading it into the hole.

It comes with a neat little pillar mount that uses an adhesive mount and the lead is fed out into the engine compartment via the slot near the door hinge. (Open the door to see it) That way the whole ball of wax can be removed before the Dealer Diety sees it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm not sure where I'm going to mount it. As Sneaks said, it comes with a pretty slick "post" to mount it, but I think it would kinda stick out (as in for thieves) where they indicate to mount it off the pillar. There is not enough wire to route to the over head console (unless you cut & splice added wire). I was thinking about routing it to the flat lower-dash to right side of the steering wheel. Not sure yet... Hopefully some people here will come up with some slick ideas once more people get them... Sorry.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry guy's Edge did it to us again. Try your box and monitor if it works, great, if it doesn't check and see if it say's 4.72 on the back. If not the juice box only needs to go back to your seller for an updated box. Check your box on the back. Some work some don't. Today is the first I've heard about this mess. You can have the extra wire's and it still won't work. If you bought from me get a hold of me. SORRY

Con

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ahh a Con job, huh?
I just have the monitor and will probably be on the usual 90 day waiting list for upgrading my old Juice.

Joe, I've had my Magellan GPS mounted right next to where the pillar mount should go ever since I bought my truck and never had a theft problem if that's any help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry your box should say 4.73. If it say's 4.71 or 4.72 your out of luck. Call Me.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Well, at least one thing is going right for me this week. Just popped my hood to see a 4.73
So IF my box ever shows up (damn ups) I should be good to go!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sneaks, thanks for the info!

Has anyone mounted theirs yet?????? is ANYONE using it yet??? I find it amazing that its been out for a week and nobody is using it yet, especially with all the complaining about the late release!!! Mines supposed to be here friday,you can bet it will be in the truck by the end of Sat, providing its a 4.73....

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's a 3 minute install, gsx - if it comes Friday, you'll be running it FRIDAY!

As for mounting on the dash, I might consider that. Problem is, I live in metro Detroit, and people just seem to get "curious".

·
Registered
369 Posts
Joe E said:
It's a 3 minute install, gsx - if it comes Friday, you'll be running it FRIDAY!

Yeah, but i got to drill my manifold too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you on the dash mount, the "curious" people worry me also............ Think mine will go somewhere were it can be put out of sight easily, i will install it and test it all and just velcro it somewhere temporary till i make sure it all works well, then i will find a place to mount it!!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Actually got another question, what exactly does not work on the attitude with the 4.72 programming?? attitude does not light up and work or what???? Does it give error messages, or what goes wrong??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Some of the functions won't work or the thing just doesn't work all togther. You can still use your juice box the old way just can't make the monitor work

1 - 20 of 28 Posts