Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get the Edge/Attitude and also use the pillar gauges just because they look so sweet! Would I be able to power a Autometer EGT gauge and the Attitude monitor with the same EGT probe that comes with the Attitude?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I think Super Dave did it that way ,perhaps he'll confirm ....

I myself would seize the opertunity to do pre and post readings or just grab a reading from the other bank .....

Mac

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Is it possible, yes.

Is it easy to do with accurate readings, no.

There have been other discussions about using different manufacturers components together, and there is a good description of how EGT works here on the site that I believe Hoot wrote.

You'd have to make sure that both the sending and receiving components will work together, then provide some sort of switch from one to the other. EGT produces a VERY minute amount of power which is read by the gauge as voltage produced and marked on the guage as degrees.

Some systems use amplifiers, some use switches, switched lead per cylinder EGT systems for piston aircraft are common, but you don't even want to go where they cost.

So lots of variables at work here, could you just hook it up and get a reading? Probably, would it be accurate? Probably not.

I like Mac's idea of two different locations. Simple and more information.

edit info:

Here's a link to the article on how EGT works: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1065&PN=1Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
194 Posts
I agree with Mackin. I would do before and after EGT, i guess it would help if you were tuning, but other wise just cool to see the difference.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<DIV>Thanks for all the replies and ideas! When the time comes I'll have to do some deciding eh!
</DIV>

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
IVE TRIED USING THE SAME PROBE FOR MY ATTITUDE AND SPA GUAGE-------DIDNT WORK WORTH A FLIP. THE SPA KEPT READING REAL ERRATICALLY ACTED LIKE IT WAS GETTING FEEDBACK FROM THE ATTITUDE OR SOMETHING.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts