Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys putting your Attitude?

The cable is only so long so I dont know how that one guy got it to the roof console...

BUT, I dont want that permanent of an installation. I want to be able to remove it reasonably easy for dealership trips.

I was thinking a thin metal L shaped piece that would fit between the dash cracks would be good... Maybe down below the headlight switch?

Any ideas and maybe vendors of a bracket or something would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
They make an extension cable.

Kennedy Diesel

Look in the "Chips" section under JuiceEdited by: FirstDiesel

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here's where I put mine. From the driver's perspective, I can see a little more of the DIC than shown. Used velcro for mounting to the top of steering column behind the emergency flasher button and it seems to be holding up good. Easy to see when driving and easy to reach and adjust too. Cable is routed between dash bezel and steering column boot.

Edited by: GMCSLEHD

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
2MuchFun said:
Where are you guys putting your Attitude?

The cable is only so long so I dont know how that one guy got it to the roof console...

BUT, I dont want that permanent of an installation. I want to be able to remove it reasonably easy for dealership trips.

My thoughts exactly, but that new ATS billet mount for the overhead console has got to be the sweetest spot. I asked Edge about cables for that reason. They told me some discussion had taken place about offering a 9' cable, but no decisions had been made since the 3' extension is available.

I also asked how the cable was attached to the Attitude. It's hard wired to the board inside. But, it's only a 4-wire conductor in the cable so I'm going to add a 4-wire connector plug on the back of the Attitude to facilitate removal for dealer visits. You might want to think about that as well, since removing it will require pulling the cable back out as well. Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya that overhead is the sweetest look, but I decided to put it in the upper center console little cubby. ~Quick, easy, good view and cheap

Plus, I really like that overhead big cubby for glasses.

When I go to the dealer and remove the juice, I can just lay the attitude down on its face and throw a few papers or business cards over it

·
Registered
303 Posts
Could you provide the web site to purchase this overhead console Attitude mount from ATS ?. This is the best install I have ever seen. I also would like to install in this place. I guess I will also neet to get an extension calbe for the Attitude as well.

Mark

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I don't think it's on the web site, you'll need to call them.

http://www.atsturbo.com

The main page has contact info.

Extension cables can be purchased from several of the vendors here, or from Edge directly IIRC.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If I use the ATS Attitude mount what length of cable extension do I need to purchase and where can I get it ?

Mark

·
Registered
303 Posts
What are the two switches on the right side of the Attitude for ? Can it be purchased fromATS without the switches ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yup, sure can. Can be order with or without. Same price for both: $45.00

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
BLACKDMAX said:
If I use the ATS Attitude mount what length of cable extension do I need to purchase and where can I get it ?

Mark

The Attitude comes with about a six foot cable on it. The extensions are three feet and I think cost about $30.00. The standard cable and just the one extension should be sufficient for the overhead mount. You should be able to get them from any vendor who sells Edge stuff, or I think you can purchase them directly from Edge. Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ordered the ATS mount yesterday, w/ switches for $45. They will include an extention cable for an additional $25. When I purchased the Juice/Attitude from John Kennedy, he included the 3 foot cable extension at no charge.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I just received my ATS mount. What a nice piece. It is machined from a single piece of aluminum. It's a steal at $45.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'm gonna guess the 2 buttons are for high idle and o/d lockout for us early dmaxs that don't have that from factory. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
83 Posts
What is the best way to get the attitude wire through the rubber in the firewall?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts