Diesel Place banner

attitude monitor + cell phone glitch

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  skidsteerloader 
#1 ·
I have my attitude mounted on dash just above cigarette lighter, was charging cell phone and monitor froze. shut truck off restarted and screen was stuck on "edge products" moved phone away from monitor, alls well. tried it aqain monitor froze, didnt freeze immediately but did freeze. also noticed a little noise from the monitors warning speaker. Also get the same noise if I leave my cell phone too close to my alarm clock. Just a bit of info on my experiences, anyone else have this happen?

#3 ·
I couldn't get my Attitude to operate properly when the cable was routed through the firewall grommet. It's run through the door jamb and fender. I strongly suspect that it did not "work and play well" with the Isspro pyro amp that I have mounted there under the dash. I think the Attitude is really susceptible to electrical interference. I'm not entirely happy with the outside wiring, but I'm willing to do it to keep the Attitude.

#4 ·
Cell phones really cause an electrical racket.

Put your cell phone near your computer sometime and call it from your home phone!

Speakers on your computer go wackey.

#5 ·
Hmm,, and I thought my Attitude was broken. Edge replaced it with the latest version for these same symptoms!

Now that its in the overhead, I have had no issues.

BTW, LAWNBOY, what do you think of Troy Built with the lever starter? Hows their self propulsion system? Any input?

#6 ·
I personally don't know much about Homeowner grade equipment. But, personally, I don't care for Troy-Bilt stuff. The starting system sounds gimmicky. With todays engines, starting on 1 or 2 pulls, why do they need this?

As far as pushmowers go, I like Lawnboy's and Toro's, as both offer a homeowner line with similar quality to the Commercial line.

#7 ·
How about this problem.....I called Edge and they know about the problem with NEXTELs, which is the samething the cell phones do(freeze up the attitude). But they have not heard of my problem, I have a CB radio and when I XMT my EGT goes nuts...on the high side...setting off my alarm. I had this problem with my trans temp guage(ISSPRO) on my Ford, thought it was a bad guage....it finally did ruin guage(ISSPRO did send me a new one).

Now, different truck and radio and the EGT is going nuts and Edge has never heard of this.
I am thinking the EGT is picking up my AM freq from the CB. I am going to try shielding EGT wire and connection. But I want to do it correct, any ideas?

Thanks again for reading my questions and now small problem.

#9 ·
I already spoke with them and yes they do have good customer service. The problem I am having is one they never heard of before and it is more than likely with my CB putting out to much power. He really had no idea of a fix.....they are however working on a fix for the NEXTEL/cell phone problem.

He said to let him know if I find out a fix for it.

I kind of want the CB....helps with avoiding 'smokey bears'
and now more than ever I'll need all the help I can get.
But at the same time I do not want to hurt my Attitude.....

#10 ·
Funny this came up today! Ive had the attitude for two weeks now...with my NEXTEL phone laying next the the attitude all this time and the "freeze-up" has occured at least 10 times. I finally had time to call Edge today and before I finished my second sentence...they ask "do you have a NEXTEL?" Their advice at this time is to keep them as far apart as possible and even suggested turning of my phone....For what is worth!?

By the way, this is a great place to kill an evening...and find ways to spend more money.

#12 ·
Ditto Moved phone, alls well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.