Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could those of you running the Attitude tell me what your max EGT set point is. Seems mine is only 1500. I tried to turn it up today to see how hot she'd really get, but I could only adjust it to 1500.

Josh

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
have had mine for about a month now for my 02. it stops at 2000

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks moss02. The 1500 max on mine seems a little low considering I have a Hot Juice. What version of the Attitude do you have - 1.4?

Josh

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
mine is the hot aswell. not sure of the version off of the top of my head but i assumed it to be the newest???

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I don't have a Dmax yet and I'm just getting info before I get one but isn't these EGT's a little high? I'm dont know about a difference in V8 vs straight 6 but my neighbors Cummins when pulling his 5th wheel trailer with stuff on it has his highest temps of 750 or so. He has an edge comp box on it also. I hope I'm not sounding stupid asking this question. Thank's Adam P.S If anybody wants to PM me with helpful info that I might need go right ahead please.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I set mine at 1410. My max on level 4 has been 1360 thus far and I don't have a good airbox setup, only a drop in K-N in the factory box.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I thought anything over 1300 was bad for the engine?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have seen 1800 plus on a spike,but im not runnin the attitude..

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
the egt function can be disabled for set period of time.......I cant remeber the sequence........my attitude egt is post turbo and my autometer is preturbo.......I can set the post turbo numbers to 1500 an have not experienced any defueling for egts in 1/4 mile runs........while towing heavy, I set the attitude to 900 post turbo and it works as advertised and limits the preturbo numbers to about 1300Edited by: sdaver

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the replies. Yes these EGT's are a little high, but seen only for a few brief seconds on 0-60 blasts (level 5/5). The highest I have seen is 1464 in the 0-60, but I figured it would get even hotter in a 1/4 mile run (which I haven't attempted yet) so I wanted to set it higher to see what I would hit without having the Juice backdown. Anywho, got an email from Edge stating 1500 max is correct so as not to tempt fate.

Josh

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
the version i have is 1.4i. dont know if the "i" matters but its there. when i go to alerts, i can run the numbers all the way up to 2000. i have it at 1530 now. i have hit that high but not with the edge. there are guys around here that dont care about the egts, and the numbers i have heard are almost 2000 if not over. but one still has the stock exhaust, just no muffler

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have seen 1800 plus but I have a flowmaster replacement muffler but the rest is stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts