Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is involved with hooking up the attitude monitor? Is everything you need to do it included?

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
The monitor is easy to hook up, its like the juice, plug and play. Only PITA part is drilling and taping the mani for the egt probe. You do need to run the cable for the attitude through the firewall and mount it wich may be another kinda pain part but still easy. Lots of options on were to mount em, I have min mounted on the steering colum.

Everything came in the box that was needed. John even sent me a sticker and a pen, woohoo!

·
Registered
946 Posts
How about some pictures for the rest of us?

·
Registered
67 Posts
ratlover said:
The monitor is easy to hook up, its like the juice, plug and play. Only PITA part is drilling and taping the mani for the egt probe. You do need to run the cable for the attitude through the firewall and mount it wich may be another kinda pain part but still easy. Lots of options on were to mount em, I have min mounted on the steering colum.

Everything came in the box that was needed. John even sent me a sticker and a pen, woohoo!

THat blows man. i bough an exhaust system and only got the pen. No sticker.I guess i should not have complained about the infamous downpipe.
Edited by: seatec

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I need to take some pics......I made a bracket outa some 1/8" steel and am using velcro to hold it on the colum. Its attached just above the turnsignal. It blocks up to the 500rpm point on the tach but aint no biggy for me. It would probably block more if I wasnt tall. I think I might make something else though.

I like it in this area since its with all my other gages at a glance yet you cant really see it from the outside. I like the in the upperconsul approach but I like to have things in easier viewing since most of the time I am glancing at the gauge I am doing something that requires a bit more attention to the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts