Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three quick questions:

1) What's the best spot to put the Attitude head?

2) What's the preferred place to snake the leads through the firewall?

3) When tapping and installing the 1/4-20(?) pyro probe into the exhaust manifold, does one use any teflon tape or pipe joint compound? (I assume not, but photos I've seen look like something was used.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
1) I was thinking of putting mine in the overhead console but I don't have it yet so I am not sure about size.

2) Look at others pyro install and you will see where most come through.

3) I believe most use anti sieze compound and that is all.

Take some pics of it during and after the install. I am anxious to see what everyone else does with theirs as I wait for mine to find its way through ups' slow system.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sneaks since you actually got one in hand can you tell us the features it really has, seems to be a lot of confusion as to what options it would have, what power levels it has, ETC,ETC, ETC. I assume it did come with the pryo and you did not need to buy it separately?? Mine is supposed to be here by friday (yeah right..) i was eyeing the overhead console but not sure if there is enough supplied cable to put it there, any ideas???? Not sure how well it would be up there since its not easy to see up there?? I may velcro mine to the dash somewhere temporary and put it in the cubby hole sin my center console when the truck is parkerd so its not visible till i decide a good place for it???

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I don't actually have one in hand. Mine is still in the hands of a uniformed representative of the US Government, AKA Priority mail. Just anxious to be as ready as possible. Edge doesn't even have the return/exchange program in place but I may be driving through Ogden in early October and you can bet I'll be banging on their doors if I do.

I'd even drill, tap, and plug the pyro hole if I knew the size/thread. Was trying to get a response from the few users who beta tested and probably have the best handle on location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts