Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my Attitude in the overhead console. I picked up a spare cover from Eric, (a) just in case I screwed up or (b) so I have a cover I can put over the cut one if I take it in for service - I can slide the cut cover inside the o/h console, and put a new one over it, and it's completely hidden. I'm waiting on the 3' ext, so I can't tell how the display will show.

I used door-edge molding, and I simply made it a (very) tight fit. I was originally planning on using epoxy to put a "back" to the unit, but I don't think it's needed - it's pretty snug and not going anywhere. I think it looks pretty clean (wires are run through headliner and down side pillar).

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Looks good. That is where I would have put mine if I had an 01 or 02. They changed the console for 03
. My only concern is that I think it will be a bit hard to read.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a little worried about that too, but since it's a "press" fit, I'm able to rotate it a little, and aim towards me without it looking goofy. I'll take pics & report back once I get the extension & can plug it in.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

mine is angled and the back has been removed and the filler is now the backEdited by: sdaver

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I got mine hooked up today - it's easy to view clearly (no distortion per se), but it's well out of the way of clear vision - you have to make a point of turning your head to look at it. I guess if/when I'm concerned about temps, etc, I will do so, but otherwise I'm not too concerned about it. It's SO clean looking in this location...

I think I'm happy with it where it is. If anything, I'll start paying more attention to my driving again, rather than fiddling with the Attitude...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I like the way it looks up there, nice job. I didn't know they made wiring extensions for the attitude, how much did it cost?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They retail for $20. They're (Edge) having some issues getting them out, so I paid full retail (wanted it soon). Price will come down I'm sure because that's too much imo.

·
Registered
946 Posts
So will this work in the 04 overhead as well?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts