Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Just trying out an Attitude and didn't hook the pyro up. Does the pyro need to be connected to set the levels on the 4.73, as it won't set the power levels????? Boost seems to be bang on and i think the level was set, but hard to tell as its raining, go figure. It says 0 setting on the controller.

When controller is disconected power level is confirmed with the prnrp trick, but once controller is connected nothing. Wondering if pyro has to be conected or something is wrong with controller.
Later Jeremy

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry, user error. Must have had the hat on sideways.
Works now, but still raining. Gotta love peelin all 4. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
540 Posts
hbc

There have been a few people with the same issue that returned the Attitude to Edge as defective. If this issue might be user error it would help to let us know what it was so others can benefit.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FD

I should have read the instructions. Just wanted to try the attitude out real quick and see if i wanted one.(My supplier stopped by to see if i wanted one and see how they work) I was trying too program the levels the old way with the trottle pedal. Old habits and a few beer must have messed up the old noggin. Anyways came inside and looked over instructions and there it is, wow imagine that, it tells us right there in black and white, go figure.
Go out and re-try with using the controller on the display screen and use the arrow up button and what do ya know, it worked.

Neat controller and definetely worth the $$$$$$$$ if your just getting into the power game, compared to gauges. Needless to say i might be installing one in my truck, after i dyno the 145 tune against my destroyer. I want to make sure they are the same and not different, no sense going backwards in the hp quest. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ok, that was not the case with mine - the bottons wouldn't change the settings. The Attitude was zeroing the Edge once it was plugged in, and the settings wouldn't go. I even unplugged everything and replugged everything again, and the buttons still wouldn't change settings. New Attitude cured the problem, so I think there *were* some bad units.

HBC - Glad yours wasn't one of them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I agree I had three bad units

·
Registered
540 Posts
Didn't say there weren't bad units out there but sometimes it's possible to think something is bad because of operator error even after reading the instructions. BTDT

Sometimes the more you read the instructions the more your convinced that your doing it right and you keep doing the same wrong thing over and over. BTDT too!!!Edited by: FirstDiesel

·
Registered
267 Posts
FirstDiesel - I agree with you. That's why I waited to hear his response - I wanted to see if there was something I (and Edge, since I diagnosed with them on my cell) missed. I wasn't trying to be defensive, if it came off that way. Sorry..

·
Registered
540 Posts
No sweat, I'm a service tech by profession and trust me I understand misreading of directions. Done it myself many times. Just wondering if it was a lack of proper directions situation causing all these bad Attitudes.

Actually it would be much more comforting knowing the directions suck than the boxes are really bad.Edited by: FirstDiesel

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just a heads up.

Upon initially installing my new Juice with Attitude, I did not have the EGT probe installed yet, but wanted to see the Attitude display and get the other features. So, I went ahead and hooked it up without the probe.

Everything else seemed to work with the exception that I did NOT get a display of the Level as I was suppose to. I was so disappointed. Thought I was going to need to return something.

On a hunch, I happened to unplug and plub the wire that goes between the Attitude and the Juice box. IT WORKED!!

So, I don't know exactly what I did wrong the first time. But I made sure the two plugs were tightly seated the second time....pushing the two halves together quite hard.

Maybe this is something everyone should try before returning anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts