Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pull 10,000# trailer and have been using level 1. It seems like level #2 brings up the temp too fast and too high. I have a Cat so maybe that is the problem. Any recommendations on downtube back exhausts? AFE airbox already but I think I need to go to a less restrictive exhaust to get temps down.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
If your towing you are probably going to want a quieter exhaust then some so that you don't get too much drone in the cab when pulling. Banks is one that comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I saved anywhere from 50 - 100* with the addition of the Banks. If you don't have the OD lockout, adding one will help the most. The added power will hold 5th longer and lug more....that's when temps rise the most.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Almost all exhaust systems will be louder than stock. That is going to be muffler dependent. If you want quite there are some systems out there that will increase power without making too much noise. You will have to do your homework..

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
It is louder than stock with a load, but not annoying. The sound deadener made it even quieter, but even before I installed that stuff it was fine for me.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I'm loving my Banks, not loud at all. But the TTS is even quieter.

I know with the Banks "Federal" kit I can bolt my cat back in anytime it is needed.
I think the TTS is the same but you may want to give them a call to be sure.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
SASS 41766,

We have the system just like you asked about that botls on at the 4 bolt flange just after the converter, most folks see over 100 degrees EGT drop from that alone. We do have an off road front pipe that takes the place of the cat if you need more egt drop and are using the truck for racing etc. The systems are available in aluminized, T-409 and T-304 stainless steel, taks a look at our site or call us with any questions you might have.

Mark @ DPPI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts