Diesel Place banner

Have you had no start issues?

• YES Edge Juice caused no start problems.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO Edge Juice never caused no start issue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has your edge juice ever caused a no start problem with your truck. I am trying to see how much of a problem it is.

Sorry for the cryptic poll questions/answers but there is a character limit and I couldn't be as descriptive as I would have liked.

·
Registered
119 Posts
hey max power,I'm the first guy who voted yes, but it only happened once. Too bad about that character limit. I would have voted yes for something like "once in a blue moon"!!

·
Banned
394 Posts
mine started...... just wouldnt go over 5 miles an hour and the other one wouldnt work at all..... but the one i have now is great, 8 months and no probs at all.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mods can you move this to the performance section?

ThanksEdited by: Max Power

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
This topic let me vote twice and would not let me reply the first time.

I had NO problems whatsoever with my 90hp 4.73 Attitude ready Juice.

Best box out there.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beats me hoot. Mods can you look into this?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have never had a "no start" problem, but it seems to "crank" longer than normal when I start my truck.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Before I vote, does this poll only concern Juice/Attitude users?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had the no start problem with the 4.73 version. I have about 400 miles on version 4.81 with no problems. It seems to start faster also (less crank time).

Jay

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I finally seen the request to move,sorry for the delay ....

HOOT

It's only you ...

Ray

Yes I believe so ...

=======================================

Is it only late 03-04 trucks that have the problem .... I did see JK say his had or may have had a problem as he wasn't in posession of the truck when it occured ...

Mac

·
Registered
994 Posts
Seems like there are two polls now!!

At least we can determine if the problem is "to an isolated few" trucks or more than just an isolated case.

I believe John Kennedy indicated that the problems were specific to the JUICE/ATTITUDE combo. Possibly the poll instructions should indicate that.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Hey, all. Would these issues occur on an 02? I am hoping to do a Juice/Attitude combo, very soon.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yes, I have an '02 and they occur.

Suggest you wait until Edge resolves the issues.Edited by: OC_DMAX

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Not sure how things went. Elaine just had some grief starting it once. I forget the details as I brushed off and chocked it up to the Juice Attitude.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
(Wine, sniff.....sniff, tear)
I guess I'll wait. (sniff)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I also have problems with my '02, and it seems to be getting significantly worse with the warming temps...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had problems with v4.73. Phoned Matt and he sent me one of the first new boxes as a beta to test. Still running that box as it has now been released. Have had no problems since getting the new box. Edge has probably the best customer service that I have ever had dealings with.

If you want one get it ... Edge will stand behind it!!!

Harvey

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
BadDog,

I agree 100% with the outside temp thing. Today she started with each turn of the key(60F). But on Friday when it was in the upper 80s, everytime I shut it down it would not start.

Like I said in my poll post....there might be the owners who just start a cool engine....drive to work and shut it down. Eight hours later start up a cool engine and do it all over again. Then there are the owners who never shut down the engine all day. This problem will never be know.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
These are not small percentage numbers. Let hope that Edge and anyone else involved can see this and make it there top priority.

I also wounder if this same thing is happening with the Fords and Dodges? Or is this a Duramax only event?

I am standing behind my high air temp theory. I just have no way of proving it and more importantly fixing it. Being that it is a circuit board inside that black box, maybe they need to figure out some kind of heat sink or cooling set up. I would say mount it the box inside the cab.....but in the summer it gets hot inside cab also. So that would not work.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts