Registered
290 Posts
See that sucks I wish they had a Turbo check

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
wideopen;1827778; said:
See that sucks I wish they had a Turbo check
...maybe it doesn't have to suck. If I mention it, then you mention it, myjunk and JD4440 say something about it, 8100 power brings it to their attention (hint)...we may get something accomplished with a turbo check.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Just talked to Brad @ Underwood Tire in Dickson, Tn. $200 for a custom made pulling hitch. Any takers? I'm thinking it might be worth it...I've seen TSC hitches come apart before. :eek:

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you want I can show you pics of the one that I had made. It is adjustable and should not break. Ever.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
02 Durabeast;1828829; said:
If you want I can show you pics of the one that I had made. It is adjustable and should not break. Ever.
Post it. Are you coming up next week?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
shep;1827511; said:
Nuts for use as spacers for torsion bar bolts - 10 x 1.5

Everyone that is coming needs to go get 8 of them from the hardware store to use as spacers as mentioned above. Measure the exposed threads on the t-bar bolts - use however many nuts to "washer it up" - grind off what you don't need of that last nut - there is no guess work - crank up the front end to drive home. I'm gonna bring a grinder if ya'll need one to use for this. Myojunk, this is what Tony Burkhart was donig when he cranked his truck up to go back to MI.

No word on the hitch yet.
FWIW, i put my stock keys back in the other day. if i max them out, i get the ride height im looking for (although it rides like junk). i completely removed the t-bar bolts to lower it down for pullin. i made 3 hooks memorial day and it worked out pretty good. i use flat washers to space the t-bar bolt and to effectivly "remember" my alignment. yeah, that was he was doin.

8100 Power;1827609; said:
Sounds like some good comp. there then...
there will be several trucks up there, you might as well come on!

shep;1828696; said:
Just talked to Brad @ Underwood Tire in Dickson, Tn. $200 for a custom made pulling hitch. Any takers? I'm thinking it might be worth it...I've seen TSC hitches come apart before. :eek:
i got a pintle loop from TSC that slides into the reciever. it does NOT raise the height any though. i doubt it will break, but i got something else in the works..;) pics to come!

02 Durabeast;1828829; said:
yes, please post em up. leadfoot showed his off too. also, if you plan on commin I wont raise no hell about bigger turbos...as long as a GM wins!!:D

shep;1828868; said:
Post it. Are you coming up next week?
:iamwithst

sneek peek

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Would you like a "beta tester" for your new contraption!?!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i didnt know if any of you guys was gonna have anything by the time of the pull. and didnt know how yall would feel about loaning it out. so i placed an order to northern tool wednesday and wasnt expecting it till next wednesday, but it showed up today. i'll try and get it all together over the weekend. and yes, i'll share. gotta get it all "did-up" first, but i dont care who wants to use/abuse it!!:D

but im not responsible for anything that may happen while its in your (or anyone elses for that matter) possession. so if it breaks and you shoot off like a bottle rocket into the haybails, its YOUR ass!!!.:D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
myojunk;1829315; said:
if it breaks and you shoot off like a bottle rocket into the haybails, its YOUR ass!!!.:D
No haybails this year (I think)...we're pullin' toward the hwy - YEEE HAAWWW!!! If it breaks...go thru the gate and hang a right!!!!

·
Gone but not forgotten member
11,313 Posts
shep;1828696; said:
I would hope this solid steel shank I bought wouldn't come apart :eek:
If he garanteed his work I might thing about it. Investing in something that expensive really leans on how many times I get to use it a year. It wouldn't be worth it to me to use it in springfield twice but if there were say 5 or more a year I might could manage.
I should have reinstalled my stock keys the other day when I had an alignment. I wanted to keep them in though b/c I'm thinking about that Cognito leveling kit in a little while. Taking my bolts completely out won't work for me I don't believe b/c the adjustments aren't equal. My drivers side has about two nuts worth of thread showing and the passenger side has at least 4---It's almost let all the way down. With the bolts out there isn't any way the threaded block can fall out is it? If it can happen it will happen to me.
You don't think mr. hillbilly inspector will say something about the adjustment bolts in that pullin' hitch not being 1" each do ya' ?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
JD4440;1829359; said:
With the bolts out there isn't any way the threaded block can fall out is it? If it can happen it will happen to me. quote]

All trucks "level out" differently...no 2 are the same. As far the threaded block...I don't know, but if the bolt is touching the key at all I think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
JD4440;1829359; said:
I would hope this solid steel shank I bought wouldn't come apart :eek:
If he garanteed his work I might thing about it. Investing in something that expensive really leans on how many times I get to use it a year. It wouldn't be worth it to me to use it in springfield twice but if there were say 5 or more a year I might could manage.
I should have reinstalled my stock keys the other day when I had an alignment. I wanted to keep them in though b/c I'm thinking about that Cognito leveling kit in a little while. Taking my bolts completely out won't work for me I don't believe b/c the adjustments aren't equal. My drivers side has about two nuts worth of thread showing and the passenger side has at least 4---It's almost let all the way down. With the bolts out there isn't any way the threaded block can fall out is it? If it can happen it will happen to me.
You don't think mr. hillbilly inspector will say something about the adjustment bolts in that pullin' hitch not being 1" each do ya' ?
there are more pulls in the area. hopkinsville and dickson will have some as well.

taking the t-bar bolts out IS A MUST!! or at least lower them completely down. if you plan on pulling with the green keys, you may as well cut your tie-rods off with a torch....sleeves wont matter either, they will still break at the knuckle. pics in garage.

no, the threaded block will NOT fall out. it sits on the crossmember. only way for it to fall out, is to break in half, or rip through the crossmember.

me too. if it werent for bad luck, i wouldnt have any luck at all.

he shouldnt, there are 2 half (1/2") inch bolts. two halfs make a whole...;) :D

·
11,313 Posts
I guess if I want to do any good I'll have to get the keys swapped out and get ANOTHER alignment :mad: I sure don't want that in the pic to happen . You said that was a buddies truck and by the picture it seems like it's lifted and has some big knobbies on it. I hope for my sake that was a major contributing factor to the breakage.
I guess if I can't get that done(I'll have to do it just hours before the pull) I'll do the best I can; maybe it will do as good as the guys that don't even turn theirs down.
If the guy from underwood tire wants to bring an extra hitch I may end up getting it from him. It's a little harder to resist a purchase when it's in your hand.

·
11,313 Posts
shep;1829416; said:
JD4440;1829359; said:
With the bolts out there isn't any way the threaded block can fall out is it? If it can happen it will happen to me. quote]

All trucks "level out" differently...no 2 are the same. As far the threaded block...I don't know, but if the bolt is touching the key at all I think you'll be fine.
Are those spring clamps pretty much the same as the ones in MYOJUNK's garage?

·
Registered
626 Posts
here are my pics. sorry it took a while.

It is a solid shank insert with a 3"id ring. All parts were picked up at a local trailer parts supply store.

I am having some issues uploading the pics. I have to head to a meeting but will load them in a few hours. SOrry!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
here they are

I am going to try and come watch you guys, but I don't think that I will be pulling this time. I am going 4wheeler riding with some buddies above Nashville that weekend and was going to come up early just to give you guys some support.

Attachments

·
11,313 Posts
02 Durabeast;1833390; said:
here they are

I am going to try and come watch you guys, but I don't think that I will be pulling this time. I am going 4wheeler riding with some buddies above Nashville that weekend and was going to come up early just to give you guys some support.
That ought to work. probably tear my hitch up in the top holes like that :) . Come on over and say hi. You'll see us, we'll most likely be under one of the trucks doing something. We'll see ya'

On another note I did make an appointment to get the stock keys reinstalled friday morning. Surely I can get my 2" of lift I have now with the stock keys. I have had mixed luck with trucks in the past is the reason I bought them in the first place. Guess I'll use my 3" rise reciever with the 1" shackle if noone brings anything else.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
well i got it all "did-up" today. heres a few pics. pretty similar to durabeast.

it comes out just a shade under the rear step of the bumper. mine measures 18 inches to the reciever, this adds about 5 3/4 inches or so. so if any of yall's recievers is higher (measured from the ground), it may have to be lowered down to work on yalls junk. i'll bring a few extra bolts and whatnot, just in case.

also, the "plug" in the bumper will have to be taken out. theres a 5/8's bolt to drop down through the hole where a ball would bolt up to. that part is also removeable, so if the inspectors where to raise hell about it being connected to the bumper. although without it, i do not believe the reciever hitch will survive very long..

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
JD4440;1833881; said:
On another note I did make an appointment to get the stock keys reinstalled friday morning. Surely I can get my 2" of lift I have now with the stock keys. I have had mixed luck with trucks in the past is the reason I bought them in the first place. Guess I'll use my 3" rise reciever with the 1" shackle if noone brings anything else.
when i put my stock keys back in, i was just a shade over the 2 inch mark. i think i have a flat washer under one t-bar bolt, and 2 flat washers on the other to acheive my desired ride height. then take em all the way out and through em in the floorboard for the pull.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts