Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered one to play with and see what I can do with it. Wade told me I could program it on a laptop.
mike

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
:D :D ...........Did I say that???

:joke: , It'll be shipping this week. It'll be interesting to see what your capable of doing with this new toy Mike!!! :ro) :ro)

·
Registered
931 Posts
I just ordered one to play with and see what I can do with it. Wade told me I could program it on a laptop.
mike
Do you know if you will be able to get the shifting perfect on a high HP program and then switch to a program that shifts right when you go back to a lower (50-70HP) program, for daily driving, without learning. You know how it is when you play on the higher settings and then tune it back down and it shifts pretty harsh........

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
What is suggested retail?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just called them last week about this and they told me that they werent sure when it was going to be released and couldnt give me much information about it:rolleyes: So is it available to the public, or are you special mike?:D

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not know what this program is capable of, but I will find out because we need something like this. When I talked to Wade today I only asked if it was available and he said yes. I told him to ship it. I do not know how many users of this program there are, but everyone knows I do not have any special pull with anyone. I am looking forward to playing with this and totaly screwing up Trippins Duramax. ):h It must have something to do with beating up a blue Duramax that has kicked my a$$ at the track.
mike

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I just called them last week about this and they told me that they werent sure when it was going to be released and couldnt give me much information about it:rolleyes: So is it available to the public, or are you special mike?:D
Right now untill all the bugs are worked out we are not making a habit of selling them to the public. Right now you can still shift the truck into reverse at highway speeds and you'll have some of your dash lights come on and stay on, and that's just a few of the quirks that need to be taken care of. So untill the product is refined enough to offer it to the public and is end user friendly to some extent then I would leave the testing to the guys that can replace stuff in the tranny's if they break it!!!

You'll be able to do some pretty cool stuff with these controllers when they are refined, we are even working on doing a trans brake for the Allison sometime within the next year with this new technology.

So for now guys I would leave the guinea pig stuff to Mike and Guy.

Cheers,
Wade

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Right now you can still shift the truck into reverse at highway speeds
Wonder who found that bug and who is going to have the stones to see if its fixed :eek: ):h

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Wonder who found that bug and who is going to have the stones to see if its fixed :eek: ):h
I bet that Trippin's got the brass, I guess we'll just have to wait and see!!!! ):h ):h

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
:lol: Bet he does. Could be good for us though if he tries that(as long as he lives:eek: ) If you guys dont have that bug fixed by the time guy does his testing I'm betting he will whittle himself a new billet case over his lunch brake:cool: (considering he lives through the ordeal :eek: ) I think Guy likes to try and break stuff so he can have an excuse to build it stronger :lol:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
:lol: :lol:

He can whittle himself a new body cast with his CNC while he's at it!!! ):h ):h

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Might need to whittle himself some new kiwis and a few toes if he yanks the ally into R at 70 MPH and she windows the case and spits her guts everywere ):h

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
How bad could it be ??????

It's not like you couldn't get a new tranny and driveshaft easily....:cool:
Ouch!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO, I see lots of bits and pices embeded in the pavement,...truck,... and the guy following him down the freeway will need a change of shorts.:eek: Guy, better get you kevlar shorts on):h for that ride, oh and maybe some dutch tape also, hey the use it to fix air planes.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Its an Allison. Even if you threw it into reverse at 70 mph, it would still be fine. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok then go put that puppy in reverse at 70 MPH and report back :D
Make sure to take a video of it so we can all enjoy it ):h ):h

1 - 20 of 48 Posts