Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a tough go at it tonight. The mount does not fit the blank in my 2002 overhead console. It looks like I would have to do some modding to the console housing to get the plate to fit properly.

I saw a prior pic of a 2001 truck with the plate and it does not look like it fits as well as the 2003 trucks with the plate installed.

When I ordered my overhead I told ATS I had the 2002 model and they said no problem. Anyone else had the same issue or am I just hosing it up?

Thanks,

BMDMAX

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Is your console shaped the same as mine? It is a very tight fit and took a little champagne and romantic talk to get it to loosen up a bit.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I am pretty sure that there is a different mount for 01 and 02. I have never tried interchanging them but they sure look different. I wish GM would have kept the old overhead console.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 01 and 02 console is different from the 03. I told ATS I had an 02 but maybe they screwed up and sent me the wrong version.

Looking at the photos though I would say that maybe ATS did not do their homework.

01-02 install:

03 install:

See the difference?
Oh well, I still think I can make it work but if you have an 01 or 02 don't expect it to go easy.

Edited by: BMDMAX

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
BMDMAX,

I think what you've done looks good.

I didn't specifically ask ATS if the mount fit the earlier trucks since it did not apply to me. But I got the impression while talking to them that only two mounts were available, with or without the switches.

It may be that Deanna just doesn't realize that there is a difference between the '01-'02 and the '03-'04 overhead consoles. Have you called to verify whether or not there are actually two differently shaped mounts available?Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
408 Posts
What Did Yopu Guys Pay For The Mount?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The mount is $45.00 with or without the switches plus shipping. The extension cable is $20.00 to $30.00 depending on where you get it, so $70.00 for the two is okay, especially if it included the shipping.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I ordered mine a week ago.

The darn extension wires are on backorder

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I called I told them I needed it for a 2002 truck. The website says good for 01 to 04 trucks. At the time I never thought to ask if there were different ones for the year models but I am going to call on Monday to find out.

Just another wrinkle to iron out on the mod list.

·
Registered
408 Posts
i ran mine up the drives side piller, tucked it behind the head liner right at the windshield to the overhead consol, you will need the x-tra 3ft. cable to reach

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well I got my ATS mount and extra 3' cable today.

Yes, you do need the extra cable, BUT THEN you dont have to worry about pulling the cable through the firewall anymore for removal! Big Bonus IMO.

SO~ I have a overhead out of a 2001 Burb. Let me tell ya, it was a PITA getting that mounting plate and monitor in there!! I had to trim a tiny bit and damn near step on the mount to get it in! Then, suddenly it popped right in! PHEW!

I DID end up getting it all flush mounted, but I had to remove the back cover of the Attitude to do it. Is this normally required?

I got NO instructions at all with the mount and cable so it was "stick the peg in the hole" going for me.

Overall, its really cool and is very custom looking, but the angle of the screen makes it much harder to see from the drivers seat. I really got used to my location in the lower center console right in easy sight. Ah well, cant have everything.. Im happy.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I DID end up getting it all flush mounted, but I had to remove the back cover of the Attitude to do it. Is this normally required?

Same with me!

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
You guys who removed your back cover, did you screw the back cover on IN the mount? By the looks of it that is what it was designed to do. To clarify the ats mount is in between the from and rear cover of the attitude. That is how I did mine and it worked great.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I was having a hard time getting the Attitude in the mount without hurting the cable. It is a tight fit. Removing the back cover allows the cable to be moved and repositioned after the Attitude is in the mount. The cable fits nicely into the slot provided and the cover screws back on just as it came from Edge.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts