Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am haveing my tranny upgraded to the same specs as the ATS Extreme. I am useing a local tranny shop here in Ft.Worth, Tx so far I am very impressed with them. I dropped my truck off with them yesterday around 1:00PM and told them I would like it back as soon as possible and that I am a pretty nosey customer they said thats fine we aim to please and will answer any questions you have. That seems weird to me since I havent been able to find a decent performance shop around here. They told me they would try and have the tranny out before they went home that day but I could see they had 2 other vehicles already there so I didnt expect much, well this morning they called me at 7:45 AM to tell me they had the tranny out and are takeing it apart and asked if I would like to come see the progress so far since I asked them if I could watch a little. I made it up there around 10:00 and they already had it apart with the case completely apart and steam cleaned. when I got there they showed me around and explained to me that the tranny looked pretty good except the c-3 clutches ( I told them I doubt EFILive has anything to do with that:rolleyes: they laughed) I took pics of everything and they explained all the parts to me how things worked and exactly what they will be doing. I should have my new tranny tomorrow. I am not easily impressed by any shop since I have not seen any that are worth a darn, but this shop has impressed me they work pretty quickly but seem to be very meticulous with their work and like to keep their customers informed. I like the fact that they dont mind letting you walk around their shop and explaining things, most shops start talking about insurance when you ask to look, I take that as they have something to hide. Anyway I will get off my soapbox I am very impressed with this shop and will recomend them to anyone who wants the name I think I got a fair price and feel like they know their stuff. I will let you guys know how it all turns out tomorrow.

Randy

·
Registered
231 Posts
awww man! I thought you were going to call me?? Oh well....I'll have to take you up on that ride:driver:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went up there this morning I figured you would be at work and didnt want to bother they called me unexpected so I rushed up there before they got to far along so I didnt miss anything. I might head back up there in a little while if you want to meet me there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You'll just have to PM me when you head to the dyno or track!

Let me know!

·
Registered
150 Posts
How about some info on the shop.

·
Registered
692 Posts
how is the EFI Live. I'm doing my tranny this week coming up. Real interested in it is to work with.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The shop is Ray's transmission in Ft.Worth. tell em Randy Ross sent you, the guy with the tan crew cab truck with nitrous, they'll remember who you are talking about. maybe they'll give you a better deal who knows.

Teck, I love the EFILive when you get it pm me and I can help you out with some tunes. I live in joshua just 15 minutes south of Ft.Worth I can show you what it will do with efilive. I cant wait to see how my 525hp tune does with a tranny that doesnt slip and has a co-pilot.

for anyone interested the tranny looked really good with only 21,000 miles on it all the clutches looked new except the c-3 clutches which is amazing to me considering I have always had a programer on it ince 500 miles and have been running well over 450hp for at least 5,000 of those miles with over 30 drag strip runs and a couple of really big nitrous hits. I have pics if anyone is interested

Randy

·
Registered
747 Posts
Post em' up!:D

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my internet is too slow I will load them with the hi speed tomorrow

·
Registered
747 Posts
Good Deal. Standing by...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how do you like my allison now? hehe. notice the clutches on the left are from the c-3 and are burnt all the other clutches in the tranny were in good shape looked new for only 21,000 miles

more pics pretty steam cleaned case

Attachments

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
carcrafter22;1597149; said:
how do you like my allison now? hehe. notice the clutches on the left are from the c-3 and are burnt all the other clutches in the tranny were in good shape looked new for only 21,000 miles
Congrats on the upgrade

Those are not C3 clutches that are burnt. Can't remember but are either C1's or C2's

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im an idiot thanks shows what I know about alli internals. all the other clutches looked new though is this normal for a tranny that has had over 400hp for many of its 21,000 miles

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
carcrafter22;1597349; said:
im an idiot thanks shows what I know about alli internals. all the other clutches looked new though is this normal for a tranny that has had over 400hp for many of its 21,000 miles
Looks to me like a few high boosted launches .

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
So the C3s looked new huh? I wonder if the nitrous helped kill the C1s. What gears use the C1 clutches? I guess that is what I have to look forward to when I do my trans.

·
Registered
692 Posts
If that is from high boost launches then I should be good with mine next week. Using factory clutches,cause i have be told it should be fine.

Carcrafter22, Did you get your truck back? How is it?

·
Registered
231 Posts
How's the truck??? I'm sure it will not be on the road long anyway as it is probably going to need tires soon with no tranny slip!:D

Have fun!

P.S.-Let me know when you dyno/track.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mike L.;1597390; said:
Looks to me like a few high boosted launches .
Who me?:rolleyes:

I just got the truck back and there is a problem with the co-pilot when it is pluged in it throws the truck into some form of limp, on the DIC it shows a message "reduced engine power". We unplugged the co-pilot and it did the same thing. we then disconnected all the wireing and the truck ran fine except the odd shifting which I guess is do to it needing to relearn everything. we didnt get any codes read as the code reader wasn't there. any ideas.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Make sure that they have reset the TAPS and put it into a quick learn mode. I doubt this will solve your problem, but the weird shifts indicates that they may have skipped that step. When I had my tranny done there, we discussed this extensively and they told me that they usually don't have to worry about resetting them. I wouldn't accept it. In the least, you can reset the TAPS with your EFI, but it won't go into quick learn mode.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts