Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have ATS headstuds or know if any other head studs are better. Getting ready to install Aurora 5000 on my 06 LLY also wandering about the ATS injectors

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
ARP is now making Headstuds, they are less expensive and with ARP you know you get quality. PN:230-4201

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've got ARP studs in my Dodge, I guess I like them, they work. I torqued mine down way too much, 140 foot pounds using the arp lub. Oh well, a year later and it still holds.

And I've broken the shaft in an Aurora 5000 on my Dodge, ATS said I got it too hot, 1800, and barked it. FYI

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the helpful info. Are there any injectors that have been ran ona duramax that are better?

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
No injectors yet for the 2006's I dont think....I think you're better off waiting until someone comes out with a really hot tune for the 2006's. None of the current tunes would fuel enough to even light the big A5K in my oppinion...

---Ben

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
ATS studs are not broached, you'll be pissed later.
What is broached, my ARP stud have a spot just below the threads on one end that indented is the the broach?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
ARP are the best stud and fasteners out i have never used them on my duramax but an a lot of different gass motors and all i have to say is the quality is A++++ they dont get any better and my dad thinks the same and he has used them sense back in his racing days

1 - 9 of 9 Posts