Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
ATS Diesel Performance now offers several different transmission upgrade options that will cater to the DIY'ers and tranny shops.

The kits listed below will spell out each level, the components with the recommended power level and use.

ATS Stage1 Kit 500hp:

Increased towing capability, power holding to 500hp. Mild street/strip use.

ATS Five Star Viskus Clutch Drive, 5 Disc Flank Tab Torque converter (MS)

ATS Non-vented Clutches:

C1-16 Friction single sided

C2-14 Friction, 7 clutch (Comes with new machined P1 Drive Flange, HD torington bearing & Snap ring)

C3-12 Friction, 6 clutch (Comes with machined pressure plate, lower spring plate, steel planetary shim, new bonded modified piston & 1 extra thick steel to adjust clearance)

A-Trim & B-Trim shift valves

Internal & External Filters

Pump Gaskets

Transfer case gasket

ATS Stage2 Kit 500-600HP

Increased towing capability, Power holding to 500-600hp, Mild street/strip & sled pulling.

ATS Five Star Viskus Clutch Drive, 5 Disc Flank Tab Torque Converter (MS)

ATS Non-vented Clutches:

C2-14 Friction, 7 clutch (Comes with new P1 Drive Flange, HD torington bearing & Snap ring)

C3-12 Friction, 6 clutch (Comes with machined pressure plate, lower spring plate, steel planetary shim, new bonded modified piston & 1 extra thick steel to adjust clearance)

C4-12 Frictioin, 6 clutch (Comes with lower spring plate, new bonded modified piston & 1 extra thick steel to adjust clearance)

ATS Pump Kit:

Pressure regulator valve & spring (Increases main line pressure and eliminates 5th gear pressure reduction, works on LB7 & LLY)

Pump Gaskets

Converter hub seal and o-ring

Extension housing gasket

Transfer case gasket

ATS Stage3 Kit 600+ HP

Increased towing capability, Power holding to 600+ hp, Competition street/strip & sled pulling.

ATS Five Star Viskus Clutch Drive, 5 Disc Flank Tab Torque Converter (MS)

ATS Copilot:

Increases clutch pack apply pressure via electronicly controlled adjustable on the fly computer system. Will force T/C lockup after 1-2 shift & maintain lockup between shifts when in race mode. It only apply's pressure when needed based off MAP (Manifold Air Pressure) and TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) .

ATS Non-vented Clutches:

C2-14 Friction, 7 clutch (Comes with new P1 Drive Flange, HD torington bearing & Snap ring)

C4-12 Frictioin, 6 clutch (Comes with lower spring plate, new bonded modified piston & 1 extra thick steel to adjust clearance)

ATS Pump Kit:

Pressure regulator valve & spring (Increases main line pressure and eliminates 5th gear pressure reduction, works on LB7 & LLY)

Pump Gaskets

Converter hub seal and o-ring

Extension housing gasket

Transfer case gasket

ATS kit pricing

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Man, you move fast. Nice work!! Great info.

·
Registered
421 Posts
How about some price's on these kit's.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have to PM me for Pricing, or our good friend Rick is going to slap my hand and move my thread to dealer specials ;).

·
Registered
421 Posts
OK, thank's

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks Wade! Great addition to ATS's product line IMHO. I think these kits will be very popular;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
X2

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys!!

I appreciate the feedback, if you guys come up with anything else let me know. I'll be posting the pricing on the kits here pretty quick, then I'll link them here in this thread.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wade, what is the stall speed on the 5 star converter?
I'm working on a post that will outline all that information. We actually have 6 different 5 Star converters for the Allison. But outside of personal request for a different converter, we send out the medium stall 5 Star, which stalls at 1750.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
good job w/ the info Wade and the pricing link is nice.

couple of ?? some may wonder is how hard is it to put your kits in compared to SC?

I understand you have some different things inside, will the DIYer still be OK?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Our kits are very straight forward and come with instructions and illustrations for the install.

But keep in mind, that with any kit, if you don't pay close attention to detail, it's easy to mess things up. So I would always recommend taking it to a shop or dealer that has some experience with the Allison. The results are usually much better and a lot less frustrating.

But for the guys that wanna tackle it on their own, it's not all that bad.

·
Registered
200 Posts
can i run a 5 star tq convertor or a co-pilot to solve tranny issues running a ppe hot+2 airaid 5 inch exhaust and banks wastegate or do i need both (moneys an issue trying to find the cheapest way to protect my allison)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts