Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot of threads about this unit, but none that say it was installed in an '02 duramax. Has anyone done this? I'm having a few difficulties finding wires and getting it to work. i know tony is on vacation and would like to have it figured out before he reads the messages I sent him so he doesn't have to waste his vacation time helping me out. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
DB, I have an 03. What are your questions???

·
Registered
320 Posts
All the wires that you need are directly under the steering column with the exception of the wait to start and tach which are behind the cluster. You will need to hard-wire the doorlocks and send a pulse before to the disarm wire. Parklights (+) are in the center (blue) plug - brown wire. Horn and lock/unlock (+) are in the brown plug. The disarm wire is in the purple plug. Brake wire is the white one off the switch. Tach is the white and wait to start is the dark blue behind the cluster. You won't need to hook up the second accesory but will need the second ignition. PM me and I'll get you thru this.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carlosh, thanks for the reply, but I'm finding the '02 is even different than the '03, as far as the wires go.

rolloffhill, thanks for the heads up.

Saskpuller, I'm PM'ing you the information this morning.

thanks everyone for the help.

·
Registered
320 Posts
There is a differnce in the wiring between 02 and 03. Differnt lock/unlock, horn, parklights, requires differnt bypass kit. It's close but not close enuf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts