Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric,

It seems to me from recent posts that 2 things are happening with regard to our dealers. 1) there are plenty of DMAX owners that are asking their dealers "The Question" (additional fuel filtration of course), and 2) there does not seem to be a huge number of qualified DMAX mechanics (not just someone who wears the right shirt but folks really know these trucks).

I recently received a letter of invite to get my truck cleaned and "get to know my service dept". I am new to diesels and don’t know my truck inside and out (yet) but I want to try to assess the quality of Diesel service I may get there. I am planning to talk to the service manager and one of the diesel mechanics. Are there specific questions that I can ask a tech that may be telling as to their knowledge level and/or experience with the Dmax engine? I will ask if thier diesel mechanics are GM Master Technicians.

I don’t want to come off as a total jerk but if I am going to bring my truck in to them I want to do it with some confidence. I appreciate any input you may have.

And of course, I will be asking "The Question" while I'm there.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
look for certs, training credits in "diesel engine performance 2001"

ask for customer references, suppose the people you get could be biased though. Your answer to the Question should be a good indication. A good Dmax tech knows that additional filtration is a great idea, one that says the oem system is fine... NEXT

Eric

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input Eric. I am in to see them tomorrow to get our van looked at. Hopefully I can get a read on them. I'm plenty ready for a second filter but it would be nice to have their blessing first. I know they sell alot of trucks and am hopeful they have someone capable there. Keep up the good work!

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts