Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rant: :rant: :rant: , Freakin' driving home nooooo SIGNS, noooooo warning whatsoever that the asphalt lines were just painted. White paint along the lower door panel, fCensored Censored Censored k!!!. Who has the fix on getting this crrrraaappp off without scratching paint??? Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Depending on the makeup of the paint, I think diesel fuel removes it if you don't let it set too long. Atleast thats what removed it from my wife's suburban last year...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Diesel works if you catch it right of way. If you don't I heard that a heat gun, and some paint thinner or diesel fuel work. The one guy I work with used to be with the local DOT and he said that should clean the paint off.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Heat gun and diesel may work. Just be careful if you use a heat gun and thinner at the same time. :weld: :cussing: lol

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Duramaxdoc, I had the same thing happen to my truck the 2nd day I had it. They were painting the center white line on an interstate and as I approached the paint truck, along with several other vehicles in the right lane, I moved over some to the side. When I got home, I had a LOT of white paint down the right side of my truck, some on my new chrome wheels, and up in the wheel wells. They had painted the right side white line earlier and it wasn't dry yet. Right away, I grab the Goof-off and began cleaning it. It did not affect the paint at all. Also used it on the black fender flares and the mirror, but can't use much on those as it will soften them. Also had some white paint on the left side of the truck too. Man, was I p-ode about that. Wash it off after that too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The best way is a product called clay magic. It is the BEST!
Check parts stores

http://www.claymagic.net/
Duramaxdoc, I had the same thing happen to my truck the 2nd day I had it. They were painting the center white line on an interstate and as I approached the paint truck, along with several other vehicles in the right lane, I moved over some to the side. When I got home, I had a LOT of white paint down the right side of my truck, some on my new chrome wheels, and up in the wheel wells. They had painted the right side white line earlier and it wasn't dry yet. Right away, I grab the Goof-off and began cleaning it. It did not affect the paint at all. Also used it on the black fender flares and the mirror, but can't use much on those as it will soften them. Also had some white paint on the left side of the truck too. Man, was I p-ode about that. Wash it off after that too.
Thanks for all the replies guys. The paint is dry, can you get "claymagic" or "Goof-off" at local Kragens, Autozone? Kinda nervous 'bout trying the Heat gun/ thinner fix:eek: . Thanks again!!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
3M adhesive remover, get it at the local body shop supply house.

I know from experience, and the truck is in need of it again....

It takes time and elbow grease but it gets the job done....

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
At worse wet sand it a little and then polish it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well i just love it when we go painting the lines on the roads!( gravy job ) We have a convoy of about 5 trucks one doing the painting, another protecting the paint truck, and three others warning the public about the wet paint and trying to block the public from driving on it.. most of the paint is fast drying, and usually when the last truck clears the paint is very dry. And the weather is usually nice and warm to speed the drying along..
but there are those times that cars and truck do get over spray on them and they do cut across the wet paint..
I would call who ever was doing the painting, city,county or state and make a complaint and file a claim..They might pay to have it cleaned off your truck..
I hate painting the white aircraft markers..They cost me so much money in speeding tickets..
good luck!

arm

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Be careful! There is reflective beads mixed with road paint! It will be like componding your truck's paint with 80 grit sandpaper. :eek:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Be careful! There is reflective beads mixed with road paint! It will be like componding your truck's paint with 80 grit sandpaper. :eek:
GREAT.f Censored ,f Censored, f Censored . Thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I ran over a silver rattle can with a black truck one time and it blew up all down the side of the truck. I sprayed on some "bug and tar" remover and it took it right off. I wouldn't let it sit on their for too long but since it is made for spraying onto paint I thought it would be safer than the other alternatives.

Like someone else said, the sooner you get it off the better. If you let a day or two go by I would think it would be a lot harder to remove.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Bug and tar remover will work. I love clay bars too. You wouldn't believe the contaminants they will take off. Makes your car/truck finish as smooth as silk.

If you haven't clayed your truck before waxing/polishing it, you won't believe the difference.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Duramaxdoc, have you gotten it cleaned off yet? You should be able to get Goof-off at Wal-mart and many places. Even if it's dried, it should take it off okay. Last year I used it on some furniture with paint drops that had been on a long time. It came off easy. I've used it many times that way since, even to clean paint off of stained base-boards in the house. Hope it came off or comes off okay. I spent about 1 1/2 hrs cleaning my truck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Duramaxdoc, have you gotten it cleaned off yet? You should be able to get Goof-off at Wal-mart and many places. Even if it's dried, it should take it off okay. Last year I used it on some furniture with paint drops that had been on a long time. It came off easy. I've used it many times that way since, even to clean paint off of stained base-boards in the house. Hope it came off or comes off okay. I spent about 1 1/2 hrs cleaning my truck.
Gonna work on it today after I get off work...Thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I had this happen this summer with yellow paint. I drove home and noticed it with in an hour or so, was dry to the touch. I used our big pressure washer with a medium fan tip, and took it off with out touching it. It was slightly harder to get off anything plastic, but it finally came off.

good luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts