Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of (or used) Artic Diesel (www.premiumdiesel.com) from Fleet Farm? It says it will go down to like -30 with no additives and does not have the "side effects" of the blended #1 and #2? Is it any good or more to the point have anything bad in it for the Duramax? I've heard they can be kinda picky on the fuel they use.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
It's made by the Koch refininery in Pine Bend, MN. I ran it last winter and Fleet Farm and Cenex are my main fillup places anyway. It's rated to 45 cetane on the web. I'm suprised the price of diesel is within a few cents of gas right now.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
it's also the same stuff that I use but get from Kwik Trip. Didn't have an issue at all last year during a long cold stint, dont expect one this year either.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I just wanted to be sure that it didn't have anything in it that may cause a problem, like alcohol, etc.

I know what you mean about diesel being at the same price or sometimes even a few cents more than regular gas. When I got my Duramax diesel was like 20 cents a gallon cheaper.

·
Registered
490 Posts
It just went up to $1.559, at my local fuel stop, up from $1.529 a week ago. Regular is $1.389.

Just came back from Gainesville, FL and it was $1.529, North of the City and $1.65-$1.70 in town. Truckstops between Wytheville, VA and Brunswick, GA were in the $1.329 to $1.389 range.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yesterday here in Milwaukee it was like $1.57/gal near me and the Artic Diesel at Fleet was $1.60.gal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts