Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can still order Arrival Blue Metallic on an 06 LBZ? I don't see it in the brochure but it sure looks sweet and thought it might be one of those hidden codes or something. Anyone have any info?

·
Registered
268 Posts
As far as I know it was discontinued after 2004. That is why I have a 2004.5 not a 2005.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
it was only available in 2003-04.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Doesn't that just piss ya off that was a b*tchen color.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Typical GM move. Keep it for a few years and discontinue it.:mad: I like the color also.:D Try to find in a Crew Cab but only on X-Cabs.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well isn't that just sad, finally found a color I wanted and NOOOO the General says you didn't want that at all! geez... ok ok rant over. I finally settled for the Dark Blue Metalic but wish it was lighter. My last truck was Dark blue metalic and it was a bear to keep clean. It showed every spot on it, almost as bad as Black. Well thanks for all the replies nice at least knowing what happened to the color

·
Registered
268 Posts
Trust me there were very few Crew Cab Duramax trucks built in Arrival Blue. When I bought mine I was very determined that was the color I wanted. I was about 10 days late of being able to order one (orders for 2004's were cut off some time in April 04) and I had no choice but to search dealer stock for one. I finally found the one I have on July 8th in Des Moines ( about 200 miles from me) and called the dealer about it and actually bought it over the phone. I drove there the next morning and brought it home. What a guy won't go through just for a color, but I have to tell you I have had more compliments on what a good looking truck I have than I have ever had with any vehicle I have ever owned.
:ro)

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
I never cared for the color but I have 3 friends that did and bought it. Actually looks pretty good on the dually of one friend, but not so good on the 1/2 tons (jmo). I asked the dealer about why they dropped it and they said the inside name for it was "loser blue"...

Don't shoot the messenger!

·
Registered
746 Posts
A co-worker of mine had a 2003 2500HD CC Gasser in that color that I never really cared for, but I have seen pictures on here of members trucks in that color that are awsome looking. I think it all depends on how you accent it. It does stink that it is not an option anymore.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Glad I have one. I t can be seen on ESPN and XTREME 4X4!!!!!!!! I love the color.

·
Registered
67 Posts
They dropped that cool blue but yet they still offer the Lipstick Red color.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I really like the color too. I treid buying a 2004.5 in blue but the guy wanted more than I paid for my 2005. And that truck had 24,000miles on it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
... Didn't know they were that rare! I've got an arrival blue CC, and I know of at least 2 other CC's in town the same color.. and its not a very big town.. :eek:

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
It was probably my favorite color of all time...I did everything but perform sexual favors to get one, but no dice. I really like the dark charcoal I have now and the GM Fire Red, but they're still not the same as Arrival Blue!

Maybe if we all complain enough they'll bring it back...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts