Diesel Place banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator Mister, your truck's smoking...
11,405 Posts
Will do. I'll need a little time. Also, I couldnt find a Florida Diesel Chapter.... Can we start one?
Sure! All you need to do is round up a few guys, let me know who will be the mods for the club... and I can create one for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would like to have a sticker like Rader2146 suggested

·
11,405 Posts
Yeah - let me come up with a proposal and I'll get back with you guys. Watch here and I'll get back in the next couple of days. I'm on vacation at the moment - will be back home late Sunday, but I have some ideas and it won't take too long.

·
Registered
39 Posts
any word on some kind of armed forces sticker?
and does anyone know where i can get just a single custom sticker made at, somewhere near jacksonville nc or spartanburg sc

·
11,405 Posts
Spoke with my decal cutter about this subject this afternoon. I plan to take him some designs this week. He was also in the military - Army. I told him what you were wanting and he can certainly do them. The key is keeping things to 1 or 2 colors... and the simpler the better.

HOWEVER... he can also get stuff screen printed, which makes them multi-color and they can be quite complex. But, the price goes up quite a bit 'cause he has to send them off to be done.

So... I'm going to take some of the basic designs described in this thread and see what we can come up with. If you have ideas, I can factor this into the design.

As for single custom decals... I can get them made there too for a good price - just let me know what you're wanting and I can get you a quote - just tell me what, size, and color.

·
Registered
39 Posts
thanks alot.
if he can print ones with the different branches, i wouldnt mind paying extra to have USMC on it. as far as a single custom decal, i would like to get one that says "DIBBIT" thats about the same size as the diesel place decals. ill have to find a font though, not a fan of boring plain fonts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What about the idea of getting the decals in multaple colors and overlapping them? If you want red white and blue then get 1 sticker of all three colors and offset and overlap them so you create your own 3D shadowed affect. If the stickers are cheap enough (IE $2-3 each) then i personnaly would not have any problem with ordering a few for my truck. You ofcourse could do the same thing for any branch colors; IE - blue/yellow (NAVY), red/yellow (Marines), black/yellow (Army), blue/silver (Air Force), and blue/orange (I think thats CG).

·
Registered
39 Posts
What about the idea of getting the decals in multiple colors and overlapping them? If you want red white and blue then get 1 sticker of all three colors and offset and overlap them so you create your own 3D shadowed affect. If the stickers are cheap enough (IE $2-3 each) then I personally would not have any problem with ordering a few for my truck. You of course could do the same thing for any branch colors; IE - blue/yellow (NAVY), red/yellow (Marines), black/yellow (Army), blue/silver (Air Force), and blue/orange (I think thats CG).

What I was referring to by this is if the stickers were just lettering then we could overlap them to get a shadowed affect.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Royal Canadian Navy

I read all the posts with interest. Is there any thought to make the "Service" a tad International in flavour. Oddly enough though, I did serve in Afghanistan with the US Army's 10th Mountain Division (Div HQ on KAF - 2011). So - I may be swayed - just a little...

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.