Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DmaxalliTech,

You know the spot on the dashboard where the airbag switch is on the 2003's? I would like to put a rectangular digital EGT guage in the top spot. But being too lazy to rip it all apart and measure it, I thougth I would ask if you (or anyone else) knew how large of a space is behind there?

The instrument I found is 1x 1.9 x 5 inches. Will it fit? I know the top area is about 1 3/8 by 3 1/2 inches, but does it have the 5+ inches of depth??

Unit in question DPi32, DPi16, DPi8 Series (the DPi32)

Thanks in advence!

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I dont know the exact measurements of depth, but I would wanna make sure you have the measurement, those are nice units.

Eric

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've stuck my hand in there reaching for the High-Idle harness. I would say you should have 5 inches of back space in most of the area. In my crew cab, the dash storage pocket holds my 4.5 inch long cell phone with a little room left over.

Later...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't have the air bag switch. I'm almost positive that my cubby hole is at least 4" deep. I will measure it and get back with you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i just pulled my dash apart a little while ago looking for the PTO harness and i think you should have enough room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts