Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting estimates for a new furnace in a fixer upper I just bought. Local guy installs Rheem. Any good? How much should a 75K BTU High Efficency Rheem cost. Not installation, just the price of the furnace. He is telling me he is giving me a great price at $1475 for the furnace and $1785 for all new duct work and $400 labor for a total of $3660.

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
Getting estimates for a new furnace in a fixer upper I just bought. Local guy installs Rheem. Any good? How much should a 75K BTU High Efficency Rheem cost. Not installation, just the price of the furnace. He is telling me he is giving me a great price at $1475 for the furnace and $1785 for all new duct work and $400 labor for a total of $3660.
I have had them in the last two houses I owned. They seem ok. I don't really care for their AC as it seems to run a lot but then again, I have a 3800 square foot house.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Trane is the way to go.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The brand doesn't really matter much anymore.

That is way cheap, almost to cheap. Might be a good idea to get some other bids and re-evaluate what you think of the first bid.

In this business, low bid is rarely a good thing;).

·
Registered
357 Posts
In the heating oil and propane business, I've seen alot of different furnaces. I would say Luxaire, Rheem, and Trane are the most popular. All of them will fail eventually. Just need to be able to get parts close by. That price seems pretty fair to me.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Might try to find out where they get them. I found a local wholesale warehouse and walked in with a wad of cash and walked out with one heck of a deal. Cash talks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts